"Nose reshaper" permanent cartilage damage? Fixable with rhinoplasty? (Photo)

When I was 17, I started using a "nose reshaper" that claimed it could make my nose smaller. It would squeeze the tips of my nose. I used it compulsively everyday, 3 times a day, and 30 mins. at a time for over a year. Needless to say, my nose didn't become smaller. In fact, it became more bulbous and looks perpetually swollen. I suffer depression due to this--I cannot even recognize myself in the mirror. Can rhinoplasty fix this? I'm pretty sure there's cartilage damage/deformities by now.

Nose reshaper devices and rhinoplasty

The short answer to your question is that a rhinoplasty can decrease the width of your nose including the bulbous effect on your tip region. Sometimes cartilage may need to be borrowed from the inside of your nose to reconstruct and support and shape the tip area but that is not usually an issue. The reshaper may have damaged the skin resulting in the width getting worse but it can be corrected with a rhinoplasty procedure. Good luck in your area.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon