Can I get this nose? (Photo)

I already asked a question about my nose here, i just wanted to know if it would be possible to achieve any of these noses i have in the pictures. please say which one i can hope to achieve (a,b,c,d) and also which side profile will i be able to get(A,B) there are some more pictures of my nose too. (sorry its hideous, but I'm changing it soon!) I know you know that the ugly noses are mine, but i labeled them just incase :P

Rhinoplasty Expectations

I think that your nose can look similar in size, shape and proportion to the noses that you have shown, however; the individual look of a nose will depend on how the nose "comes together" with the rest of your facial features. Find an experienced surgeon that devotes a large percentage of their practice to rhinoplasty and has at least 10 years experience. Computer imaging can help develop a sense of what is possible and realistic and can show you how a nose will look on your face. Best of luck.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reasonable aesthetic expectations of a rhinoplasty.

From the photograph provided it looks as though the expectations are realistic. It would be a good idea to sit through video imaging with a surgeon to get a more specific operation

Can I get this nose? (Photo)

Hi. IMHO you would benefit from a rhinoplasty. Be careful when searching out a model nose. There are many individual factors that need to be considered.mhowver, if pressed I feel that nose A and B are more likely to achieve than your other wish photos. 

Research, research and then research some more. I have been performing rhinoplasties in the Miami area for the past twenty nine years.
You need to seek the advise of a board certified surgeon with plenty of experience. Remember this is your face....can't cover it up! Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. We accomodate patinets from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Good luck Dr. PG

needplastic, You need to spend your time interviewing several facial plastic specialists. No one on this board can honestly answer your questions based on photos. See specialists that have at least 10 years of experience. In my opinion experience and specialization are key to becoming a good rhinoplasty surgeon. Do your homework and you shoujld be fine. See my site as a good example. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I get this nose?

I believe a full rhinoplasty will be a benefit to your appearance. Seek ONLY IN PERSON opinions from boarded surgeons... 

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine what is possible in terms of results for you. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Rhinoplasty Expectations

Patients commonly come into the office with pictures of noses that they would like to obtain.  Patients bring in these photos as a way to communicate their goals and their wishes.  While this techniques of communication can be helpful in some ways, it is not the best way to communicate during a rhinoplasty consultation.

In my opinion, the goal of a rhinoplasty is to create a nose that blends with the face.  During the consultation, we can identify the features of the nose that making the nose stand out and distracting from the other areas of the face including the eyes, smile, and skin.  After these area are identified, a rhinoplasty plan and goal can be created.

Using this approach, a rhinoplasty is a procedure to improve the patients unique nose.  Imaging morphing is a wonderful tool to communicate these changes and for the patient and the surgeon to agree on a goal result.

Outside pictures are not helpful in this approach because they are not pictures of your nose or the surrounding features of your face.  

I believe you should view a rhinoplasty as a procedure to create better version of your nose, not intimidating someone else's nose.

Realistic goals for a rhinoplasty

The rhinoplasty procedure involves re-shaping existing cartilage and bone inside the nose. This involves shaving down the existing features or adding cartilage grafts to augment the nose. It is impossible to give  a model or  Celebrity nose to someone else. Computer imaging of your current nose would be a good idea to be performed at your rhinoplasty surgeon's office, and would be a good communication tool to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with the rhinoplasty procedure. For many examples and more information, please see the link below

Desired look

It is generally not an acceptable practice to bring photos of desired noses.  However, certain aesthetic goals can be communicated from other photos.  Your current nose has somewhat of a bump on the bridge (dorsal hump), as well as being somewhat wide in the upper two thirds.  Your tip is also a bit wide (Bulbous) with poor definition. Significant improvement can be achieved by addressing the above issues.  The bump can be taken down, your bridge can be made narrower, and your tip can be refined.  However, it appears that your skin is somewhat thick and the will prevent us from producing better definition as seen in your goal photos.
Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Can I get this nose?

Thank you for your question. Many patients bring in images of their ideal nose and request to have something similar. Although images of noses can help the surgeon understand what you would like to achieve you cannot recreate that nose exactly on you. It is more important to assess your nose, identify what features you are not happy with and then discuss with your surgeon what you may be able to achieve given your specific anatomy, skin quality, functional issues and goals. You should make an appointment with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon to get a realistic opinion of your outcomes. 
Dr Guy Watts