Is it normal to not change in cup size at all after a Breast reduction?

It's been 6 weeks and I've been cleared to shop for new bras. My size did not change at all. I'm so upset. I was a 34DDD supposed to go to a B cup. My band size is now 32 but I'm solidly a DDD if not bigger. No implants, only a lift. They removed nearly a pound of breast tissue between the two, but my cup size is the same. So much for the dainty, feminine bras. It looks like I'm stuck int he old lady beige section. $13k later.

Cup size

Well, band size does not change with a reduction. But if you drop in band size for whatever reason, the cup size will probably go up.