Do new clinics offer discounted CoolSculpting treatments?

I found a local spa in Georgia offering Coolsculpting on Groupon. The price is an introductory offer they said. They are not listed on the Coolsculpting website as a provider. Could this be because they are a new clinic? Or is it possibly not a legitimate Cool-sculpting provider?

Thank you for your question. If they are not on the website, you can contact Zeltiq to find out. Also, if you are hesitant, it may be best to find a clinic that you know for sure is a true CoolSculpting provider. 

CoolSculpting Providers

Yes it is possible it is a new clinic that hasn't made it on their provider locator yet. Sometimes it takes a few months for all the logistics to fall into place. But as the other posters mentioned be wary of imitators from Asian countries which have not been studied or used in the same amount as CoolSculpting. Also if it is a new clinic, they may not have enough experience in assessment and delivery of optimal treatment. Ask about their client testimonials, actual before and after pictures, and side effects they have encountered in their practice. Remember just because they are a new clinic doesn't mean they haven't been properly trained. Everyone who bought the CoolSculpting device had to start at the beginning. 
Second, groupon is a double edged sword. In general I feel it devalues our services. The clients are usually not repeat customers and hop from one place to another in search of the best deals. However used properly it can bring you new clients. A new business may use it to kickstart their business. While there is little money for the provider, the exposure can help. 
Hope this helps
Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Is this practice really offering Coolsculpting?

Hi,Great question!  All authorized Coolsculpting providers are located on Zeltiq's directory.  If they are not listed, I would call Zeltiq directly and ask them.  For a while, there were imitation coolsculpting and ultherapy devices from Asia that were sold to unknowing physicians.
Warmly,Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Certified CoolSculpting Provider

If the clinic is not listed on the CoolSculpting practice finder and they are advertising by Groupon, I would be very hesitant.  Unfortunately, some offices offer "knock off" CoolSculpting treatments.  These procedures are not FDA cleared.  Treating with these unregulated devices can result in harmful side effects.  I would recommend finding a practice that is listed on the CoolSculpting website and ensure the provider has attended CoolSculpting University for advanced training in the procedure.  This will help ensure you receive the best possible outcome.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Discounted Coolsculpt

If a provider is not on the Coolsculpting website, I would recommend looking elsewhere. That seems concerning to me.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

New clinic pricing

This is a great question!  If they are not listed on the Coolsculpting website I would be very cautious about getting your procedure performed at this particular "spa".   There are several other imitators of Coolsculpting on the market that try to brand themselves as a very similar treatment, but in fact they are not the same at all.  If you are interested in Coolsculpting I would recommend starting on the Coolsculpting website to find a certified practice.  Best of luck!

CoolSculpting "Discounts"

If they are not listed on the CoolSculpting website as a provider, then it probably isn't legitimate and is not the real CoolSculpting machine.  Zeltiq, the company that makes the CoolSculpting device, does not allow its providers to offer groupons for CoolSculpting treatments.  Make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon and check if their office is a Certified CoolSculpting practice.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

CoolSculpting at New Local Spa Versus Other Technologies

If you are hesitant about a clinic, I would be very cautious when seeking treatment. Insure that a board certified cosmetic dermatologist or board certified plastic surgeon will be providing the treatment and can consult with you in advance for further evaluation and to set up an individualized treatment plan. Best, Dr. Emer

Discounted CoolSculpting treatments

Thank you for your question.  Typically, providers of any technology are listed on the company's website, and that usually happens shortly after purchase.  See if a medical director is listed on their website, as otherwise they would not have a medical device like CoolSculpting i.e. they are a medispa not just a spa.  Keep in mind, while a medical director may be listed, they may or may not be on site, and they may or may not have cosmetic surgery training.  Consider a practice where you will meet with the surgeon to assess if you are a good candidate for the procedure and can discuss the areas you want treated.  Whether CoolSculpting or the new noninvasive laser body contouring SculpSure, or any other fat reduction technology, meeting with your cosmetic surgeon is the best way to determine if that is the right procedure for you, in my opinion.  I hope that is helpful.

All my best!
Dr. Elizabeth
Elizabeth Whitaker, MD, FACS

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Be Cautious

If they are not on the Coolsculpting website it could be that they are not a legitimate coolsculpting provider. Zeltiq (the Coolsculpting Company) does not allow Coolsculpting providers to post Coolsculpting groupons, and there are many companies out there offering Coolsculpting - like procedures. 

Maiysha Clairborne, MD
Atlanta Family Physician