What's the most natural augmentation method and what's the cost? And what's the maintenance requirement/commitment? (photos)

I am currently a 34B and would like to go up a full cup size, to a full 34C. I've felt silicone breasts and they feel hard and very unnatural. I like the feel of my breasts just want them fuller and more perky.

Start with a consult

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A plastic surgeon who has examined your natural breasts and listened to your concerns can best answer these questions and recommend the most effective technique for you to achieve results that look and feel natural. You may want to consider booking a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast augmentation.Generally, silicone breast implants more closely mimic the look and feel of natural breast tissue and tend to be slightly more expensive than saline breast implants. You shouldn’t make a choice based on price though. Both saline and silicone breast implants can yield beautiful results.

What's the most natural augmentation method?

Thank you for your question.  A small silicone gel implant should put you nicely from a B to a C.  Because the implants would be small and behind your breast tissue, I think you would find that they would not feel hard.  The gel implants are very soft, and providing you have the correctly sized pocket created by your surgeon, they should stay that way for many many years to come.

Natural breast augmentation

Natural is what you have. That is not what you want. Whatever you do, stay away from the creams. At best they don't work and cost you money.

Perhaps you mean most natural looking augmentation? There are any number of techniques that can give a very natural appearing result. The silicone implants are softer until you get a capsular contracture. Capsular contracture happens with all types of implants and makes them feel hard. You are looking for a small augmentation. That might be why you state silicone implants feel hard. Large implants of any type are going to feel hard. Your area does tend toward larger implants. Go talk with a board certified plastic surgeon to work out a plan personalized for you. 

Silicone implants

Costs of any procedures are going to vary by your location and the skill and expertise of the surgeon you choose. Silicone under the muscle, in a patient who already has as much breast tissue as you do, should feel very natural and should not feel "hard". Of course, the most natural solution would be to undergo fat grafting to your breasts. Not all surgeons will perform this procedure as it is still somewhat under investigation.
The important thing is to choose your surgeon very carefully and visit with a surgeon certified by the American Board of plastic surgery only.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

What's the most natural #breastaugmentation method and maintenance requirement/commitment?

Great question, not a simple answer.  A small, silicone implant under the muscle (+/- fat grafting) will most likely not be felt/palpable and will still feel natural; saline implants need to be overfilled so tend to fell a little harder and less natural than silicone gel implants.  One option to consider would be doing a breast lift and fat grafting to the breast where fat is removed from an area where we don't want it and re-injected into the breast during surgery.  You may not be able to achieve a full cup size increase depending on how much fat survives but you could consider more than 1 fat grafting session for additional augmentation.  The lift will reposition your breast gland higher on the chest, tighten the skin, and make them less perky while the fat grafting will increase the volume.  We know that about half of the fat transferred will survive.  This would also be a reasonable choice for you depending on your goals, examination, and fat availability.  The cost is highly variable so not really an answerable question here as it depends on what surgery you choose, where you choose to have it (region of the US, city, hospital vs. office-based surgery, etc), who your surgeon is, and whether or not you opt for an implant. For true, accurate cost you need to schedule consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons.  Good luck! 

Most natural

You could write a book to answer this question.  If you ask ten different doctors this question, you will get ten different answers based on their training and experience.  That doesn't mean that one is right and the rest are wrong.  It just means that everyone has their preference.  In general, if the procedure is done well, any type of implant, incision site, or implant placement should look natural.   There are perhaps 200 types, styles, and shapes of implants on the market, four primary incision sites (crease, areola, belly button, and armpit) used, and two primary positions (under or over the chest muscle).    Discussing the pros, cons, risks, benefits, and costs of each would require a lot of time and space here.  I would suggest that you schedule one or more consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in order to get differing perspectives on what would work best for you.

Natural feel

Breast augmentation is all about a healthy conversation between patients and their surgeons. I would recommend finding a plastic surgeon that really listens and tries to understand what your goals are for a natural feel especially if you have already felt silicone and don't like them. Remember there are different companies that make different silicone implants and saline ones too. A board certified plastic surgeon's office can have sample implants to help you visualize what the implants feel like Best of luck! MMT

Breast Augmentation with Fat Grafting

While the silicone breast implants available today feel incredibly similar to real breast tissue, we still have patients who prefer an even more natural feel. From what you have described, I would probably recommend breast augmentation using fat grafting. We are able to harvest fat from the abdomen, flanks, thighs, etc. and graft it to the breasts to restore fullness and volume. This is a great option for patients looking to increase their breasts by a half a cup size to one cup size but we don't usually recommend this for patients looking to increase 2+ cup sizes. As with any surgical procedure, there are risks associated with fat grafting and we recommend discussing these with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Our professional fees for fat grafting to the breasts usually starts around $10,000+