Should I still look like this at 6 months post op? (Photos)

I am 6 months post op and I am very unhappy with my results. I am eating right and exercising but nothing helps. I have lost 20 to 30 lbs since the surgery so what could this be?

Should I still look like this at 6 months post op?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place.  Most commonly this is residual swelling from surgery which will spontaneously resolve but it would be important to voice your concerns to your surgeon to ensure that other issues are not taking place - discrete fluid collection, muscle laxity, or residual adipose tissue. 

Convalescence may be a year or longer after belt lipectomy.

There is certainly a decided improvement from the preoperative situation. Belt lipectomy patients will see ongoing improvement for a year or longer.

Tummy tuck results at 6 months

Thanks for the photos. Am so sorry that you are not happy with your result. I hope you have discussed this with your plastic surgeon. The photos shows bulging upper abdomen which could be from 1) Visceral fat or 2) loose abdominal muscle. You will need a physical exam to determine the reason. The best thing will be to discuss with you Plastic Surgeon. Good luck.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Abdominoplasty results

If you are referring to the lower abdominal fullness, it could be a small seroma, residual fat, or muscle laxity.  The only way to say for sure is with a physical exam, so return to your surgeon and discussed her concerns.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck - unhappy with result.

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.'

1. I am sorry you are unhappy with the result.
  2. It is not clear to me what is bothering you but I note two things -
  3. The upper abdomen is a little bulgy. This may be from excess fat or the muscle repair may be loose. 
  4. You need an examination to determine the cause.
  5. (The natural female shape tends to have a bit more upper fullness than lower fullness).
  6. The pubic area appears to have fat that make it more prominent now than before the tummy tuck.
  7. Return to your surgeon, discuss your dissatisfactions and determine what can be done.
  8. If liposuction is needed, it would not have been part of your original surgery and there will be an extra fee for sure.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS