Will mod plus or high profile look natural on me? (photos)

I'm 5'1 and 107lbs. At the consult, the surgeon recommended to get 350cc mod plus silicone to achieve a natural look. I presonally like natural look but a little big bigger with side boobs and all. Based on my stats, will 400cc ( mod plus or high profile) get me a nice natural look? Ps: Since I'm asian, I'd like to have areola incision to minimize scarring. Would big implants fit in areola incision?

Will mod plus or high profile look natural on me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photograph, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.  I prefer the infra areolar approach for most patients.  Your areola are not too small.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Which Implant profile should I pick?

Thank you for your question. This is a very important question and comes up quite frequently during consultations. Patients are always wondering what profile they should pick. In reality the patient should not pick the profile but instead rely on the surgeon and his experience picking which profile for the volume the patient wants that's gonna give the best luck. The patient just needs to guide the surgeon to what volume the patient likes. The higher the profile the more round and the more projection the less natural and depressed it will look. The mistake is a lot of patients believe that high-profile means the implant will sit higher on the chest and that's not the case it's going to be more narrow with more projection you actually lose some of the superior and medially fullness that you would gain with a little bit of a wider implant. Again it becomes confusing it's best to allow your plastic surgeon to give you the advice to give you the best luck. So in answering your question based on 400 mL high profile or moderate plus profile which will give the more natural look?  The moderate plus would always look less artificial and hence more natural.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.
The size of implant is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.
Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.
Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.
During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Breast augmentation sizing using breast implant sizers

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, thank for your height and weight and breast implants, they do help. There is really no way to accurately predict what size you would like without an examination. During your examination and consultation, you should try on some sample sizes and see what you are comfortable with. Then the PS can help explain with the size and current condition of your breasts.

If you have accomplished this step, then trust your plastic surgeons advice as to what would be the best size for you. They have the experience. If you are uncomfortable, go on another consultation.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Picking the right implant to achieve your goals

In terms of picking the right implants to achieve your goals, generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr.Basu
Houston, TX

With Profiles, Bigger Isn't Always Better

The profile of an implant is one characteristic that can be tricky to understand. Profile is as much about how much an implant projects and as how it fits on the patient's chest. For example, high-profile implants have narrower bases, making them more suitable for narrow chests. Their narrow bases also might make them less likely to produce the "side boob" look you like. I recommend sticking with your surgeon's original recommendation, but an additional consultation with a different doctor can't hurt. I see you used VECTRA imaging with your surgeon. He or she should be able to show how each different profile might look, and you can also ask to try on "sizers" under a shirt. Best of luck.

Rocco C. Piazza, MD

Mod plus vs. HP

Hello. Both implants can give you a fuller aesthetic breast. The moderate plus 
may be a bit wider to give you lateral fullness ("side boob") but many patients are more interested in the projection provided by an HP device. A breast fold incision is more appropriate if your considering a silicone implant; periareolar may be appropriate for saline devices if your areola are wide enough. Be well. 

Dr. B

Which profile is best

I have found that moderate plus gives a more natural look while high profile tends to give a more rounded, shelf look. Best to make sure your surgeon measures you to determine the best sized implant for you. Hope this helps!

Implant profile and size

Hi, bewbs2big.  Thanks for your question.
There are many variables in recommending implant size/profile. I base my implant recommendation on patients' body (chest height, chest width, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. I would go for the desired look. Please review before and after photos and see what kind of look that you want. Share your wish photos with your plastic surgeon.
Implants come in different types (silicone, saline), shape (round, anatomic), and profiles and volume.
In general, moderate plus profile will look more natural than high profile implants.  
More meaningful recommendation can be made based on direct examination and in-person consultation.
Best regards.

400 cc implants

I think that you would have to be seen in person to evaluate the measurement and look at the soft tissue and its stretch.  400 cc may be too big for the first operation.