Will I need a mini tummy tuck after tickle Lipo of my abdomen? Are there any other options to avoid a mini tummy tuck? (photo)

I want to avoid having a mini tummy tuck because I have no kids yet and I plan on having them in the future. My fat located on my abdomen is not very hard. Do you think I need a mini tummy tuck? I was told I would, after tickle lipo of my mid-section ( top and lower abdomen). I do not have any kids, and I really want to avoid a mini tummy tuck. Are there other options, if I do need one? I lost weight and plan on losing more. Will this help? Thanks for any beneficial information provided.

Tummy tuck/liposuction

Thank you for your question and pictures, i would recommend  full tummy tuck after you have children, consult with a board certified  PS, best of luck!

Tummy Tuck

Hi Dream Body,

Thank you for the pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. I suggest moving forward with this procedure after having children. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction will not improve loose skin

The type of liposuction doesn't matter (tickle smart, you name it). they will all reduce localized excess fat but not tighten skin noticeably. A tummy tuck is probably in your future but best to wait until after childbearing.

Richard Baxter, MD

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. If you are planning on having children in the near future it is best not to do a TT at the moment. You might be happy with a good lipo and then later on in life have your Tummy Tuck done. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction vs. tummy tuck

Thank you for sending your pictures. It appears that you do have some loose excess skin and this may not respond to liposuction alone. I would advise you to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon and after an exam and consultation in the office it will be easier to tell if liposuction alone will give you the result you are trying to achieve.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Mini tummy tuck after lipo

Let me start by saying no one "needs" a tummy tuck. While having some liposuction of your abdomen will give you better abdominal contours and decrease the amount of adipose tissue overlying your abdominal wall, it will not address any excess or loose skin. You will have some skin tightening affect after a liposuction procedure. Starting your surgical journey with liposuction would be a good place to start and avoiding a tummy tuck prior to starting a family is also a smart decision on your part. good luck