When will lump under my ear go away? (photos)

I'm one week post-op from a neck lift and an 38 years old. Today, my PS said to take ibuprofen and use moist heat. It's been this way since surgery. My PS said that it seemed like a muscle in a spasm. I wanted your opinion. I look like I have a football player's neck. He didn't indicate if it would get better. Also, I have a line under my neck that concerns me. Thank you.

Swelling is still present one week after neck lift surgery

At one week post neck lift surgery, you are still experiencing significant swelling that is obscuring your final results. Be patient and continue to follow up with your surgeon, and the swelling should begin to dissipate over the next few weeks. I hope this helps.

Swelling Neck Postop

Thank you for your question and photos. At one week you are very early in the post period. Swelling can be vey variable and depending on what was done as well as each patients response to the dissection. Patients are often concerned which is very normal but many of the changes may greatly subside with time alone. Your bruising looks modest and your skin flaps appear healthy. If there is no evidence of serum than patience may be the best solution as you continue to progress. At 6 weeks you are likely to have a much better idea of what to expect but you will change for many months. Be sure to speak openly and honestly with your surgeon so they can follow you closely and reassure you that your recovery is proceeding well.
Best of Luck

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Seroma / Swelling After Liposuction -- Post op Lymphatic Massage, Venus Legacy/Velashape/Z wave treatments, compression

if this is a seroma or bleeding this can be followed or aspirated.  RF treatments help as well.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Needs some time

You will need to keep up with regular visits with your doctor.
Hard to say what it is.
Seromas or blood can be aspirated during an office visit if you doctor thinks this is the cause.

Necklift - When will lump under my ear go away? (photos)

Thank you for providing your photos. A physical exam is always best. The first thing to rule out is a collection of fluid. It sounds as though he has ruled it out. However, I would keep a close eye on it. When in doubt, ask for an appointment to address your concerns and for reassurance.
By your photos, it appears to be inflammation and some scar tissue. One week post op is too early to determine your final outcome. That also applies to the line under your neck. It is normal to see inflammation that is uneven at first. 
If you still have a bump after 6 months, then it may need to be revised. Always keep open communication with your board certified plastic surgeon.
Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

More time

At one week, there can be areas of swelling which will resolve with more time. You need to give it more time and continue to follow with your surgeon.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Must rule out hematoma, swollen tissue by a scan of area. If hematoma than either aspiration or re exploration. If tissue than revision after 3 months.

Post op swelling

Thanks for sharing.  This can be within normal limits of swelling after a facelift. Sounds like your surgeon saw you recently to make sure it was normal and there is no free fluid.  You are still early in the healing process. Post op swellling like this will continue to dissappear.  There are some things like ultrasound or warm compresses that I have my patients use but you need to talk to you surgeon about any post op instructions.  

Raymond E. Lee, MD