40yo , 5'5, 200lbs. I want to get a BBL w/ fat transfer from stomach and lower back. Should I lose weight before the procedure.

I am 40yo , 5'5, and I weigh 200lbs. I want to get a BBL with fat transfer from my stomach and lower back. Should I lose weight before the procedure.

Ideal weight before BBL

Yes definitely try to get to your ideal weight before considering this procedure.  You will not only enhance your results but also minimize the complications to your health.  Please see a plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Weight and bbl

Your body mass index is very high.  I concur with you - I think it would be best to lose some weight before you opt for elective surgery.  Best wishes.

BBL and weight loss

You should be at a weight where you are healthy and comfortable. I don't suggest losing any weight after the surgery, you don't want to take from your butt by mistake! Tone up and set up a face-to-face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have your surgery.

Thank you for your question! 

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

This question is always difficult to answer without examining you or seeing pictures, but weight loss of 20 lbs or so should make the results better in most cases.

Weight loss before BBL

I would recommend losing weight before a BBL or any elective cosmetic procedure as you will have a better result and fewer complications. Consult with a plastic surgeon for a full exam and more detailed information.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

It is best to be at your ideal or comfortable body weight before getting the BBL for the best cosmetic results. Liposuction can contour the body but is not really a way to lose a significant amount of weight. With a BBL you want enough fat to inject into the buttocks but not so much that you can't achieve a good contour of the rest of the body. Without a photo it is impossible to make specific comments regarding your body and outcome. It is best if you see a PS so that they can help guide you in this decision process.

BBL an weight loss

I think that you need to get to your goal weight that you feel comfortable at first before having the BBL. But also need donor sites for the procedure. Best of luck.