How long should I wear my garment after lipo to back rolls? Also, can I swim 3 weeks out?

Exercise and garments after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

I hope all goes well with your liposuction.
Your surgeon needs to give you these after-surgery instructions.
Generally, garments are worn for 4 - 6 weeks.
Generally exercise is postponed for 4 - 6 weeks.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

As long as your doctor says so

Each surgeon has their own protocol for how long patients should wear postoperative pressure garments.

We ask patients to wear them for 48 hours and then 12 hours on, 12 hours off for a total of two weeks.

Most patients are doing full exercise, including swimming, by three weeks.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction Garment and Exercise

Post operative care after liposuction is individual to each physician.  I have my patients wear a garment 24/7 for 1 week then over night for the next week.  They can begin exercising after 7-10 days and swim in a pool after 4 weeks.  But you should ask your physician his protocol and follow that.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How long to wear a garment after liposuction?

I have my patients wear compression for at least 4-6 weeks after surgery. Swimming just depends on if the incisions are healed. Also, you may get some residual swelling that lasts a bit longer when you exercise early after liposuction. 

I usually have patients wear their liposuction garment for 3-6 weeks minimum.  AS for swimming, it is usually recommended to wait until the incisions are well healed( 3-4 weeks minimum).

Post op Lipo instructions

In my practice the post op period off compression and activity level vary depending on a number of factors including how extensive the liposuction was, what areas were treated, simultaneously performed procedures, among others. 
Your best to ask your surgeon. 
Good luck

Bram Kaufman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Garment after Iipo

We recommend that you wear your binder for at least two weeks. Occasionally longer if the swelling presist. Its recommended to avoid exercise for two weeks and gradually increase as tolerated.

Hooman Khorasani, MD

Garments After Liposuction

Thank you for your question. I recommend patients wear their garments for 3 to 6 weeks after surgery but you should confirm this with your surgeon. I usually like the incisions to be fully healed prior to swimming. Good luck.

Garment following liposuction

Each doctor has his/her own protocol for how long to wear a garment or how long to wait before exercising after surgery.  I would suggest that you contact your surgeon for his/her advice.  I'm sure he/she would rather you talked to them than let the rest of us be backseat drivers to their surgery.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD