Liposuction or Tummy tuck? (photos)

I am already sure I need a breast lift with my augmentation however I would like advice on if I would be a successful candidate for liposuction of the abdomen only if if I would do best with a tummy tuck. I am 31 yrs old, mother of two. I workout religiously 5 days a week incorporating strength and cardio. Thank you in advance for you expert advice.

Liposuction or Tummy tuck? (photos)

Hello you are perfect candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction 
this procedure will help get rid of all the excessive skin in your abdomen 
and you can have a flat tight abdomen the fat can be harvested from upper abdomen which will become your 
entire abdomen after the procedure. 

Tummy tuck or liposuction ?

Hello! Thank you for your recent question and photos!  Based off your photos I feel you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck.  A tummy tuck will get rid of any loose skin, fat and tighten the muscle wall to pre pregnancy.  However, you could use both liposuction and the tummy tuck in conjunction to get a phenomenal result .  Just make sure you are not planning for any more pregnancies.  Best of luck!

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

Your lateral view shows that you have a substantial amount of muscle laxity. Therefore, a tummy guck would be the better choice. Liposuction will not tighten skin that is already slack nor will it firm up slack muscles.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover options

Great question.  I think you would be best served by a tummy tuck.  A tummy tuck would allow maximum contouring of the skin, fat, and muscle while liposuction alone would only address the fat present.  If you are planning on having more children I would wait on both procedures.  A well designed tummy tuck can provide tremendous abdomen and waist contouring for the rest of your life.  Take a look at the before and after photo link below.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

Liposuction alone would leave you with looser skin than you already have and would not correct the abdominal wall relaxation that the photos demonstrate. A tummy tuck will give you back your pre-pregnancy shape, with a flatter, smoother contour. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Based on your pictures, I would agree with you that you are a good candidate for a breast lift procedure with or without implants.  I would also think that you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck as well.  The trade-off would be a scar across the lower portion of your abdomen.  I recommend that you visit a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and review your options with you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Lipo or Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck to address the muscles separation that can result after pregnancy. Unfortunately no amount of diet or exercise will reattach the abdominal muscles, and liposuction will not address this either. I often perform a lateral tension abdominoplasty tummy tuck which will reattach those muscles, remove lose skin and then usually perform liposuction to add contour as well. The combination of procedures you're looking at would be considered a mommy makeover. Make sure your plastic surgeon is board certified and has expertise in these areas. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

A tummy tuck will give you the best looking result for your abdomen.  Liposuction would improve your figure in clothing, but it would probably increase the skin laxity around your abdomen.  If you are done having children, the tummy tuck is your best bet. Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and photos. For what i can see in the photos, you would benefit form a tummy tuck with liposuction to the waist. With a tummy tuck you will remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance, liposuction to the waist can give you an improved waistline with more of an hour glass appearance. This along with the breast lift would really accentuate your figure. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in these procedures. 

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD