What all Liposuction do I need and what would be an estimated cost? (photos)

I am looking to get liposuction. I like my legs, but I do not like that bulge in my tummy. I workout 3-4 times a week with a personal trainer and I've lost about 10 lbs down to 120. I am 23 years old and in good health.

Liposuction

Yes,. you probably are best to get liposuction of your abdomen and waist. You would have to be seen in person. Best of luck.

What all Liposuction do I need and what would be an estimated cost?

You are a good candidate for liposuction with small amounts of excess fat and good skin elasticity. Cost can only be determined by seeing a surgeon in person. Costs tend to vary by region, and whether it is done in an office or surgical facility.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  This decision to pursue any type of aesthetic procedure is a very personal one, and one that your surgeon can help provide you with the information to make the best choice based on your desired appearance.  It looks as if you would be an excellent candidate for liposuction based on your skin appearance and should anticipate a nice result.  Areas that are amenable to liposuction include the upper and lower stomach, waist/love handles, as well as the flanks.  Hope that this helps.  

What can liposuction do for a tummy?

Thank you for your question and helpful photo.  You appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of your abdomen and waist.  You are in good shape and are young with good skin tone, so you can expect a very nice result.  

Your surgery could be done in a surgery center under sedation (sleepy) or general anesthesia (fully asleep).  Or you could have this done in the office under local anesthesia (numb, but awake).  We use a little valium (pill) to help with nervousness, and the rest of the procedure is done with the area numbed.  It's a fairly quick outpatient procedure--you'll go home (with someone to drive you) shortly after the surgery is done.

I hope this helps.  Warmly,
Dr. Kavali

Carmen Kavali, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuction

First, do all that you can to reach your goal on your own. It is cheaper, safer and better. If you plateau short of your goal, likely liposuction of the abdomen and waist. In my office around $3000 but in Miami could range from around $2500 -$5000.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Liposuction

Hello. You look like a great candidate for liposuction of the abdomen and flanks.  Of course your skin elasticity will need to be assessed at an in-person consultation with a BCPS.  

DrBurnett#RealSelf100

Liposuction

Hello

Thank You for the question

You are a good Candidate for liposuction, your results could be very satisfying,  you'll need lipo of abdomen and waist but you need further evaluation.

Best of Luck

Disnalda Matos, MD

Liposuction - what areas?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I think you would be very happy with a small cannula liposuction of the tummy and waist.
  • You are very fit (good for you) but unless you go very underweight, this tummy fat will remain.
  • Cost can't be estimated without a consultation to determine whether you want surgery with local or general anesthesia and the number of areas, based on an examination.
  • We  are in Atlanta and would be happy to help you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction

Dear 486176,  Based on the fact that you're a healthy 23 year old and a nice weight I would recommend getting an in person consultation for liposuction but perhaps also cool sculpting. It's a nice alternative to abdominal liposuction to get improvement when there are only small pockets of fat. I would seek a plastic surgeon office in your area that offers both so you can decide which is the best option for you. Cool Sculpting is on invasive and offers nice shaping to the abdomen when there is just a small amount to improve on!

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon