Is there a way to tell where Juvederm or Restylane have been injected into you?

Like is there some sort of special light or test they can use to tell exactly where the juvederm/restylane has been injected? I want hyaluronidase injected in a botched chin injection (doctor injected the COMPLETELY wrong place and now my chin looks slightly long/square) but I only want it in 1 specific area and want to make sure there's NO confusion.

Restylane versus Juvederm Injections

There is no specific way to tell if Restylane or Juvederm was injected since they are both hyaluronic acid fillers.  Please consult a board certified physician who is an expert with fillers for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

How to tell where Juvederm or Restylane was injected

There isn't a way to tell where the product is and isn't in your chin.  You would just need to have hyaluronidase injected into the area of fullness you don't like, or have more filler placed in hollow areas.  Sometimes the product can be palpated (felt by hand), but not always.  See a plastic surgeon or dermatologist who does a LOT of filler treatments.

Carmen Kavali, MD

How to tell where filler was injected?

you cannot do anything externally to tell where the filler was injected. CT/MRI scans can be done which would be completely unreasonable.  you can just inject the vitrase/hyaloronidase to the areas you are not happy about.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Test for filler placement?

I know of no test to light up areas of filler injection. If you want hyaluronidase to dissolve product, it can be placed specifically into the area of concern.

No test for placement of Juvederm or Restylane

There currently is no test for placement of Juvederm or Restylane.  Perhaps the product can be transilluminated with a light in a dark room.
Otherwise, careful injections with Hyaluronidase can shrink the injected product that creates the changes you don't like.
It is important to review your before and after photos.
Marking the specific area you want injected is also helpful.
Dr. Denkler

Juvederm injection

Unfortunately, there is no special test or light to show the location of your injections. Hyaluronidase injections can definitely dissolve the product, but I suggest you just ask your injector what product was used.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Is there a way to tell where Juvederm or Restylane have been injected into you

There is no device or test that can tell someone where a filler has been injected. The only way to tell is by physical exam or history of where it was placed initially.