Juvederm for me or Restylane? (photos)

Hi I am 18 yr old female and don't know which lip filler is right for me, I know that my lips are small and I want fuller plumper lips, idk if juvederm would be right or not

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat --- Go Slow, Use Cannulas -- Reverse with Hyaluronidase If Unhappy

I find the filler type depends on the shape and plumpness you are looking for. I suggest see you an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm or Restylane for lips

Your lips are already very pretty but if you would like some enhancement, the physician performing the injections is the most important factor.  Either Juvederm or Restylane would be a good choice.  A cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon will use the filler most appropriate for you.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Conservative Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photographs, you appear to have natural fullness present in your lips.  I would suggest a conservative lip augmentation with Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Juvederm for me or Restylane?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  If you are looking for fuller, plumper lips, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC affords a natural but noticeable lip augmentation.  In my experience it also lasts longer in the lips than Restylane.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation in order to maximize your results. 

Lip augmentation: facial fillers

Facial fillers like Juvederm or Restylane may be used to improve the appearance of the lips by improving symmetry, enhancing the borders, and increasing volume.The most important thing to consider is to be very conservative. It's incredibly easy to overfill the lips resulting in the obvious duck-lips or trout-pout. I promise you, that look does not look good on anyone. I recommend consulting with a doctor who can tell you about the specifics of each treatment option/filler type, including doing nothing. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best lip filler...

You seem to have a nice lip shape and you are young.  The best thing to do is visit with a facial plastic surgeon or any of the other core injectors (plastic surgeon or dermatologist) for a detailed assessment to determine which technique and filler will align best with your goals. For lips like yours, I like to use Restylane Silk because it provides more of a plumping effect/ hydration effect as opposed to a more structural filler like Juvederm or Restylane.  Each filler has it's pros/ cons and needs to be weighed against your anatomy and goals.  Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for me or Restylane?

Thanks for your question and photos – they help.  We always recommend that you have a consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and I think one of the comments out there – your lips are pretty – is a true comment so whatever you do, go easy.  You may want more fuller lips but from the pictures the contour and the ratios of your lips are all very much where they should be.  Be conservative and do not let anyone talk you into over doing things.  Find the expert and let them make you even better.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm or Restylane in my lips

Thank you for your question and photos.  Your lips already have a beautiful shape.  But if you'd like them to be fuller, you could have either Juvederm or Restylane injected.  Either one would give you a great result, assuming the procedure is done by an expert injector.  One consideration that may sway you is that Juvederm is part of a rewards program called "Brilliant Distinctions".  Once you enroll in this free program, your Juvederm treatment earns you points that turn into dollars off of future treatments (with Juvederm, Botox, Skinmedica products, Latisse for lashes...).  If you're in the Atlanta area, I would love to see you!Best wishes,Dr. Kavali

Carmen Kavali, MD

Lip Fillers

I think Juvederm Ultra XC would be great for you! This filler is great for adding volume to the lips, while still having a natural appearance. Juvederm lasts ~2 years, maybe slightly less since the lips are constantly utilized for talking.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Juvederm vs Restylane

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I would focus more on finding the right physician for you than finding the right product. Juvederm and Restylane are my two favorites for lip augmentation. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon