Incision open after breast augmentation. Should I worry?

I just had breast augmentation 2 weeks ago and my right breast insiction open a little but o feel like it's getting bigger I called my doctor and he said not to worry that it should close on its on not to worry. But I'm scare it might open more should I be worried?

You need to go and see your surgeon as soon as possible. If the implant becomes exposed it can become problematic. 

Regards, 

Incision opening

It is kind of hard to tell as the picture is not good quality. However, I'm worried that the dark circle which I am looking at could be the implant. Again, I can't tell from this picture. But yes, you should be worried.
You need to be examined right away, because if this is actually the implant exposed, that is a big problem and needs to be addressed. Call your surgeon again.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell for sure just based on this picture, but I am concerned that your implant may be exposed.  You should see your surgeon immediately.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Incision opening up after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question!  I would recommend you see your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  It is hard to tell in the picture what is truly going on.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Breast augmentation incision

It is difficult to tell from the photo what is going on. If the implant is exposed, it likely would need to come out. Best to follow with your surgeon.

Open incision after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question!  The picture is a little bit far away, so it's unclear as to how deep the opening goes.  However, you definitely need to make an appointment with your surgeon so they can examine and reassure you. If the incision were open, you run the risk of an infection and possibly losing the implant.  So it is important to be seen as soon as possible to avoid that scenario. Best of luck in your continued healing.

Fred Hackney, MD

Wound issues after Breast augmentation.

You need to go and be seen by your plastic surgeon. The risk of the implant getting exposed is high and if that happens the implants have to be removed for a period of time. Please call your plastic surgeon and go and be seen.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Open incision

Yes, you should be worried. If the implant is exposed it will be infected and probably needs to be removed. You should contact your surgeon immediately and be examined. This could be a serious issue. 

If if the implant is not exposed, letting the wound heal over is fine. You need to be examined. 

Good luck. 

Julian Gordon, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I am sorry to hear of your healing issues but unfortunately it appears that your implant has become exposed.  I would recommend immediately contacting your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  Best wishes.

Open incision

This needs an immediate in person exam by your (or another) plastic surgeon. I cannot see the base of the wound due to the shadow but the concern is the depth of the wound. It appears deeper than the average minor wound healing problem and the concern would be either imminent or actual implant exposure- which is a real issue. Hopefully, exam will show that you have nothing to worry about, but you need to be certain.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD