I am two weeks post surgery on Thursday. I notice that some days my stomach is hot or very warm to the touch?

I take my temp to check for a fever and it's usually normal. What's the reason for the hot stomach? Is that normal?

Knowing What's Normal After Liposcution--Add Venus Legacy, Cellutone to your aftercare

As long as you're not running a fever, this sounds like a normal inflammatory response after your procedure. I do recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. I would follow-up with your Dr. to allay any concerns. Best, Dr. Emer

This concern must be addressed by your surgeon promptly to rule out a complication.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your liposuction procedure.  After your surgery your body is in a state of increased metabolic activity and inflammation that can manifest with a warm feeling to the affected tissues.  If you are seeing any redness, run a fever, or have increasing swelling or pain, be sure to see your surgeon to ensure you are not having an infection.  Hope this helps.