I am looking for a thinner nose that isn't also flat? My nose looks as if it has been broken before (Photos)

Do I need cheek implants and will that help balance out my face? I want a plump face with a more angular jaw line in order to have a nice side profile. Will my nose be very difficult to perform surgery on? My lips are very thin and do not appear even. How can I go about achieving these goals without looking unnatural and having too constantly go under the knife?? I would like a procedure that is permanent or at least last for quite sometime. Thanks

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.Kind regards

Rhinoplasty for thinner nose

Rhinoplasty is a great way to achieve the changes you mentioned for your nose and this does not represent, for us, a difficult nose. Frequently we can achieve results that approach surgical results with synthetic fillers as well. For the cheeks and jawline, contouring with fat transfer, synthetic fillers, or implants would give great results. Hope that helps and best wishes, Dr. Donath

Alexander Donath, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Beauty Checklist

1. Enhancing cheeks, Voluma in office, or cheek implants2 Angular jaw line. I would consider a chin implant and possibly posterior mandibular angle implant, possibly combined with facial liposuction.3.Nose, really need better pictures, but would consider building bridge up, and trying to narrow entire strucure. Computer imaging can help to discuss possible options.4.Lip augmentation, Vobella was recently FDA approved for lips. Alloderm lip augmentation for 90% of patients will last longer.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

rhinoplasty and cheek implant procedures

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge line, reducing the flatness of the nose and giving more sidewall definition to the bridge line in addition to narrowing wide nostrils.  Cheek implants are placed for patient to have a flat maxilla and a flat cheek profile to augment the midface.  Cheek implants are performed under brief general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure.  Cheek implants are composed of Silastic, and are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes to best fit patient's unique anatomy.   For more information  and many examples of both procedures, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty Surgery

You can achieve a more refined nasal tip, and a more well defined bridge with rhinoplasty surgery.  Tip contouring techniques and cartilage grafting will be necessary to refine the bulbous appearance of your tip.  The width of your bridge can be narrowed as well, and your nose can be made to appear in better balance with the rest of your facial features.  I suggest a consultation with a surgeon specializing in rhinoplasty. 

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

You would need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  It is quite possible to achieve your goals.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from decreasing the width of your alar base.  A chin implant may help improve your side profile, but a true lateral profile picture is needed to evaluate this.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD