I have been doing research for an Adomimalplasy procedure offering the pain pump and overnight hospital stay.

I have been doing research for an Adomimalplasy surgery and have had one consultation. I would like to have the procedure November 2016 and would like t o know if there are doctors in Atlanta, Georgia that offers the pain pump and one night stay in the hospital after the procedure. I am ready and waiting

Abdominoplasty with Pain Pump and Overnight Hospital Stay

An abdominoplasty is usually done under general anesthesia. An incision is made along the lower abdomen at about the pubic hair line, and another incision is made around the belly button which stays attached to the muscle.

Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall and skin below the umbilicus, belly button, only (shortest scar). Modified abdominoplasty addresses conditions where just the muscle wall or just the abdominal skin requires repair. Standard abdominoplasty tightens all of the abdominal wall skin and muscles above and below the belly button. The scar can be altered or lowered to be hidden by most panty lines and bathing suits. (Standard scar).    Extended abdominoplasty tightens the abdomen and the flanks or sides (longest scar extending around the flanks onto lower back.)

A general anesthetic is most common, although mini-tucks may be done with local anesthetic and intravenous sedation. A standard abdominoplasty is generally an outpatient procedure, but extended abdominoplasty may require a short hospitalization of 1–2 days.

An #abdominoplasty is usually done under general anesthesia. It is usually an outpatient operation unless a more extended procedure is needed or the patient requests overnight care.  Mini or modified tummy tucks can be performed with local or usually twilight (iv sedation) if the patient requests.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance to inquire about your request and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Outpatient Tummy Tuck Surgery

You certainly could have a pain pump and one night stay in the hospital after an abdominoplasty.  However, there is a significant cost for the hospital stay.   My tummy tuck patients do well going home after their procedure.   I had previously used a pain pump for this procedure.   However, for the past 3 years, I have been using Exparel for pain control.   EXPAREL is a non-narcotic local analgesic.  This numbing medication (like what you get at the dentist's office when you get a filling) is mixed with sterile saline (salt water) and injected into your abdominal muscles.   When injected correctly, it can provide patient's with up to 72 hours of pain relief. My tummy tuck patients are able to stand up in the recovery room after surgery and get their girdle on with minimal discomfort.   Exparel, along a narcotic and muscle relaxer for the first few days after surgery, is an excellent option to a hospital stay.