I am 3 months away from my Breast lift with implant surgery and I am terrified of general anesthesia. Never had surgery before.

Please help with any advice you may have to get me through these 3 months lol Thank you

Risks from anesthesia

Hello, and thank you for your question.  It's competely normal to have some fears before surgery, but please don't worry constantly for the next 3 months until your surgery.  It'll just make your days hard.

You live in Atlanta, right? I tell my patients that they are in more danger of something bad happening in rush hour traffic on I-285 than of something awful happening due to anesthesia.  Everything we do is a calculated risk--if the overwhelmingly vast majority of people didn't do just fine with these surgeries, we would not continue to do them.

Go pick out some bathing suits and cute summer tops that you want to be able to wear after your surgery.  Try to focus on the good parts.

Dr. Kavali

#atlantaplasticsurgery #breastimplants

General anesthesia

If you have concerns about your general anesthesia, it is important to have these addressed prior to any surgery with your surgeon and anesthesiologist. Safe surgery is the best surgery. Best, MMT

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
Anesthesia could be epidural with sedation, you will be sleeping and pain free.
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively.By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

General Anesthesia

Thank you for your question.  As long as you are young and healthy with no major medical problems, the risk of general anesthesia remains very small.  It is normal to be nervous before your surgery.  Make sure you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon, as well as your anesthesia, provider.  They can give you a much better understanding of what your risk profile is based on your medical history.

James Shoukas, MD
Lake Mary Plastic Surgeon

Anesthesia

While anesthesia is not risk free, in a young healthy adult having elective surgery the risks are quite small. For most people the actual anesthetic experience is quite pleasant. Your surgeon and anesthesia provider can tell you if you have any additional risk based on your medical history.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD