I have a harder more raised spot on the right side of my nose 7 weeks post Rhinoplasty. What could the be? (photo)

Hello, I had open rhinoplasty 7 weeks ago to fix a bump I had on the top right side of my bridge. The bump is gone which I'm happy about, but now I have a more raised piece of cartilage or scar tissue on the right side of my bridge by the tip of my nose. You can't really see it, but I can feel it. It causing my tip to look more rounded from the left side of my profile and more pointed on my right. What could this be? I'm really hoping its swelling. I'm not happy about the tip of my nose

Recovery from Nose Surgery

The nose is made up of many parts, bones and several pairs of cartilages. Recovery from nose surgery generally takes up to a year to 18 months. During the recovery period the nose will shift and settle. At seven weeks, they often do not look like they will at the end of the healing period. I encourage you to keep your follow up appointments and allow your surgeon to follow your progress with you.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at 7 weeks

At 7 weeks post-op you are very early in the healing process. you need to give it more time to heal. Best of luck.

Nasal bossae

Areas of nasal cartilage after rhinoplasty can become curved can lead to a bump.  This can be revised by gentle shaving in the office.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op issues

angelbaby3993, any advice you get here is well intentioned but really just a guess. Only your surgeon knows what was done and can feel what you are feeling and give you good advice. So listen to him/her and if you are still worried after six months see another specialist for another opinion. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and sharing your pictures and concerns.  There definitely can still be swelling at this stage contributing to any asymmetry, so it may improve.  However, I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon, so they can better advise you.  I hope that is helpful.

All my best!
Dr. Elizabeth
Elizabeth Whitaker, MD, FACS

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 months after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post surgical swelling

I think you are still swollen after your procedure. Remember it takes close to 6 months for most of the swelling to go away. That said, I would voice your concerns with the operating surgeon. Good luck. 

Marcelo Ghersi, MD