Is there anything I can do about my lower eyelids? (Photo)

I am only 20 years old and have bags under my eyes . If they are even bags, maybe it's eye puffiness? I call it eye fat,lol. And I hate it ! I've read about lower eyelid surgery, but I am not sure if that is nesscary in my case? If so please let me know. Below I have linked a picture of my actual eyes and then I linked another picture of me with my eyes photoshopped of how I would like for them to look. Is there anyway I can achieve this look in real life and put away the app for good? Lol

Condensation of the orbicularis muscle along the lid margin is important for maintenance of lower eyelid position.

The small thickening below your lashes is normal. This is a condensation of the orbicularis muscle and is important for maintenance of the position of the lower lid. I personally do not think this is a significant aesthetic problem but the transition could be buffered by very careful placement of a filler.

Lower eyelid Changes

Always difficult to fully make suggestions with partial pictures. The lower eyelid and cheek age together for most of us. Looking at your pictures it is difficult to see if you have fat under the eye. An examination will be necessary. If no fat is present, fillers can help to lift the cheek up and restore a more youthful contour. The HA fillers such as Juvederm are wonderful in this area. They last a long time and can be contoured if you develope some localized swelling. It is important to go to someone who does a lot of filler in this area. I train doctors and nurses from around the world how to use fillers. This is an advanced area.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is there anything I can do about my lower eyelids?

Thanks for including good photos. The full roll you don't like in the lower lids is just a muscle roll and seen be most people as an asset of a young lid. You can have it trimmed out if you like. I would not recommend that.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Computers are not surgery

One of the problems with photoshop is that it's not the same as surgery. Also, you are looking at muscle bands which cannot be removed by surgery to get the result you want. It's best to try fillers to see if you can get the result you want.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lids

I do fillers and specialize in lower lids and have written papers on it. Trust me  - don't do anything to your eyes. Fillers have a high rate of swelling and dissatisfaction and it takes forever for the swelling to go away - like 2 years. At the most you can do a little superficial laser and over time with several treatments the skin will tighten and it will look better, but in my opinion they are beautiful now.

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Please be careful what you look for.

I think you could have a small amount of under eye filler to help this issue.  Hyaluronic acid filler Restylane is the best product for this area.  I think if you find the right injector, this treatment will make an enormous difference that will work for you.  The treatments typically last about a year and are performed as an office service with no surgery.

Lower eyelid surgery

You do not have fatty pockets, but you are seeing your eyelid (orbicularis) muscle instead.  I would not recommend surgery.  I think your eyes look great!  

Dean Fardo, MD

Enviable eyes

Your eyes look bright and young without too much excess skin or fat.  Consider an eye cream to hydrate your skin and smooth some of the fine lines, or even a filler to add some volume to your cheek.  Surgery at this point would make very little difference and is not worth the risk and recovery time.  

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Treatment options for lower eyelids

Your lower eyelids do not have the usual bags caused by protruding fat.  Your lower eyelids have hypertrophy of the lower eyelid muscle, which causes the ridge you see.  I would not recommend surgery in this case, although there may be some surgeons who would excise a portion of the muscle to try and improve the condition.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good eyecream

I am certain if you look hard enough, you will find a surgeon willing to perform a lower blepharoplasty. However, my advice to you is to realize you are beautiful. Your "goal" photo is unrealistic; nobody looks like that unless they have been airbrushed. I recommend a good eye cream (we love Skin Medica in our practice) and a good skincare regimen (the TNS Essential Serum is phenomenal) to preserve your youthful look and prevent aging.