Follow-up Question: I want a defined, awesome jawline. Suggestion? (photos)

I've recently lost 40 lbs. I was really excited to see if the fat and saggy skin around my neck would go away after that, but it didn't. I am 35 and look way older than my age due to this fat under my face. I would love to know what I need and where I should go. Also, I know you can't give me a quote, but I would love a ballpark range of prices for how much this stuff will cost since I am self pay. Thank you! (Reposted to provide better pics to the docs.) :)

Neck loose after weight loss

Thank you for asking about your facial liposuction.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • Your best result is likely to be from a neck lift with liposuction or a lower face and neck lift - with liposuction.
  • This will remove the excess fat and tighten the skin.
  • Just liposuction will remove the fat - but make the skin looser.
  • Kybella injections can dissolve the fat over 3 - 6 months but for the remaining fat but this will cost about $3800 - and surgery for you will give better results although will be more expensive.
  • There are lots of good Board Certified plastic and facial plastic surgeons in Atlanta -
  • Any of us would be happy to help you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Enhancing the Jawline after Weightloss

Yahoo, congrats on your weight loss. The remaining fullness in your face could be improved with liposuction and thermi RF. If you are looking for the best surgical enhancement, you may want to consider a facelift, addressing the neck and cheeks. An examination of your face will help guide the decision making process. Prices range from approx 3,000-8,000 plus OR/Anesthesia.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift versus face and neck lift

It is very difficult to give an opinion based on photographs due to the fact that there could be excess and inelastic skin in the neck.  In our practice, a neck lift is performed to remove fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle in addition to the platysma plasty, as long as the skin tone is adequate.  When the skin tone is inelastic and poor, a lower face and neck lift is performed  to tighten loose and inelastic skin.  Both procedures are only performed when the patient's BMI is less than 34.  Both procedures are also performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. For many before and after results of both procedures, please see the link and the video below

I want a defined, awesome jawline. Suggestion?

Hi, from the photos there is excess fat and significant loose skin over the face and neck that would require a full neck Lift in combination with a lower facelift as described below.  Your chin appears to have the proper anterior projection and would not require augmentation. I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), jowls are present and the chin is weak.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Excess neck skin

A facelift with emphasis on the full sagging neck would create a very positive change for you. Costs can be between $8000 and $13,000. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon