I am having a breast lift with augmentation. I can't decide between the Ideal saline and the Natrelle saline implant!

Choosing an implant brand

Honestly, your plastic surgeon should be choosing your implant brand.  All the brands have similar characteristics, warranties, and life-spans.  Once you've discussed your aesthetic goals with your plastic surgeon, and your surgeon has been able to examine you, she will be able to choose the implant brand that would be best for you.  The size and shape and type (saline vs silicone) are all things that your plastic surgeon should work with you to choose.  But the brand of implant?  Let your surgeon work with the implants that your surgeon knows best and trusts most.

Dr. Kavali

Implant selection

Hi, I have attached a link that might be helpful...

Hi mavr.  When choosing an implant, your PS should provide you with FDA approved choices and distinguishing features of each, like the dimensions, failure rates, warranties etc.  For example, Natrelle gel implants made by Allergan may be eligible for their patient rewards programs in which you earn rebates towards other Allergan products.  There are enough differences that your PS will be able to recommend the one that is best for getting you a good longterm outcome.  Good luck!

Post Mastectomy Implant Selection

Implants for Even Breasts following mastectomy are hard to determine exactly.
It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape of implant that will even our your two breasts without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several breast landmark measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Although it is helpful to have the measurements/dimensions of the implants you currently have, there are other factors such as amount of supple skin, thickness of the breast flaps, etc.For example a high profile implant may be required if tissues are not flexible which is often the case following mastectomy. Without knowing these factors it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate.

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD