I am 5'7.5,161 lbs, Chest 14 cm. I presently have Gummy Bear Shaped Moderate Plus 420 cc (Mentor). (Photo)

I want bigger, rounder, and fuller look. 1. Is Gummi Bear Implants the best choice? 2. Will 600 cc High Profile Gel Silicone or 650 Ultra High Profile Gel Silicone cause later regrets? 3. What size will avoid longterm regrets while keeping in mind that I want a bigger, rounder, and fuller look? 3. Does Silicon Gel Implants require more cc to equal up to a smaller size of cc in Gummi Bear Implants? Pictures of me attached and another picture of the roundness I want. Thanks! Ms. Undecided :-)

Implant roundness

The model the in the photo has almost no body fat, and that is the main reason why you see such roundness and in my opinion looks very fake.

High or UHP implants

the shaped implants give patients a very natural look, the round implants will give you the round look you desire. In regards to size, that is a good question for your surgeon and what your size desires truly are. 

Shaped vs. round implants

The shaped and round implants each have some advantages and disadvantages, but generally speaking, if you want a "bigger, rounder, fuller" look then a high or ultra high profile round implant is probably your best choice.  Your dimensions and measurements will help your doctor make a recommendation.  But larger implants can cause more stretch of the skin envelope or increase the possibility of needing a breast lift in the future.  It also appears that your right breast is currently larger than your left and you may need different sizes on each side.  Best to discuss all with your doctor and good luck.

Dean Fardo, MD

Best breast implants for me; revisionary breast surgery?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile. Having said that, it is generally necessary to utilize high or ultra high-profile silicone gel breast implants or overfilled saline breast implants to achieve the types (or close to) of outcomes you demonstrate with the goal photograph.  Adjustment of the breast implant capsules may also be necessary.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “bigger, rounder, fuller” or "D or DD cup”   etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.