I am 51 days post-op. Should my tummy still feel a little sore and tight?

Post op discomfort from tummy tuck

I believe you concerns are well within normal. Skin has been removed and the muscles tightened. There is a much larger wound under the skin than you realize. I believe its important to stretch and get back into your normal routine which will speed along the process of feeling better.

Eric Weiss MD

Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Symptoms after an abdominoplasty

Most abdominoplasty patients are getting back to normal in 4 - 6 weeks others take longer.  Try stretching and massage to see if your symptoms improve.  If it still bothers you see your plastic surgeon. 

Sore and tight

Yes, you still may feel tight since excess tissue was removed, and you still may have some soreness since you are still healing. Please discuss all your concerns with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy sore after tummy tuck

Your tummy may remain sore for upto 6 months after surgery; this is because the nerves will continue to grow back into your soft tissues.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Post op

Depending on the extent of your tummy tuck, I don't think that it would be unusual for you to still feel somewhat sore and tight at this point in your recovery.  Your scars will still be stiff and inelastic and won't start to mature until about 6 weeks after surgery.  You should note slow and steady improvement, after that.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck / Abdominoplasty / Liposuction / Mommy Makeover / Reverse Abdominoplasty

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend following up with your plastic surgeon so he/she can evaluate you and to discuss your concerns.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Tight and sore after a tummy tuck

51 days post tummy tuck may seem like a lot but it is a major surgery. It can take 4-6 months for those symptoms to resolve. The skin is usually very tight at first and slowly loosens some. Also, the muscles are usually tightened as well to flatten the abdomen and pull in the waist line. Suturing muscles together causes pain and tightness also. It generally feels much better or totally resolved by 6-10 weeks but can take longer depending on your anatomy and what was done. 

You should always voice your concerns to your surgeon because they know exactly what was done. 

Good of luck and thank you for your question 

Julian Gordon, MD

Sore tummy post op

This is a little long but everyone heals differently ie it takes some patients longer to heal.Heat and massage may speed up the ehaling phase.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Depending on the amount of surgery performed during your tummy tuck it would not be unusual to still have some tightness or soreness.  This often is the result of your incision healing as well as any muscle report getting accustomed to an increase in your activity level.  Assuming there has not been any appreciable change in your appearance, all is likely well.