I am a 43 year old with a tiny little fat pad beneath my chin. What's my best most cost effective option? (photos)

I am 43 year old who has recently developed this tiny little fat pad beneath my chin. No one else seems to notice it but it drives me crazy and I notice it in pictures more than anything. I don't have any loose or sagging skin to speak of. What's my best most cost effective option? oolsculpting mini? Ultherapy? Kybella? Looking for the best bang for my buck...eliminate the tiny fat pad plus any anti aging side benefits would be welcomed.

Kybella

Based on your photo, I think Kybella would be your best bet. It typically takes 2-4 treatments but your fat pocket is so small that you might be able to get away with only one. And the results are permanent. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Melts Away Chin Fat

Kybella usually takes more than one session to melt away submental fat; however, the area you want to treat is quite small. I would recommend combining Kybella with Ultherapy to prevent potential sagging after the fat pad is gone. The Ultherapy will also stimulate collagen, helping to keep your skin looking younger and more elastic, giving you the anti-aging benefits you seek. Please see a board-certified dermatologist to come up with a treatment plan.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella Can Dissolve Fat Pad Under Chin

The slight double chin you have can be easily treated with Kybella, which uses deoxycholic acid to dissolve submental fat. CoolMini and Ultherapy may also work. However, one of the advantages of Kybella is that it takes just a few minutes – usually no more than 5, as long as the double chin is made up of fat and not skin laxity.  As with the other techniques, more than one treatment is usually necessary. However, you have such a small area of fat that it's possible that one Kybella injection treatment would be sufficient.  If it is skin laxity, ultherapy is the only device approved to lift the skin under the neck after a single treatment and is another procedure I commonly do.   Please see a board-certified dermatologist to determine if you are a good candidate for Kybella.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella for your chin

Given your age and the amount of fat, I would recommend Kybella to treat. It doesn't appear that there is much fat there, so you may only need two treatments to get the results that you are looking for. It is easily tolerated with very little downtime. Best of luck. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Permanently Dissolves Fat

The neck has several layers, the skin, superficial fat, muscle, and the dep fat. Kybella, the latst FDA approved treatment for permanent fat removal works on the superficial fat layer. Looking at your picture it is difficult to say with absolute certainty, but your neck looks very lean, so the fullness under the chin may be due to the deep fat. I would encourage you to meet with a facial plastic surgeon and allow them to examine you and make appropriate recommendations. if it is the superficial fat, Kybella may be an option. If it is the deeper fat, this can be contoured through a small incision under the chin. 

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for submental fullness (chin area)

Thank you for your question. There are various treatments that can help reduce the submental fullness you have under your chin. For example we offer Kybella, SmartLipo and ThermiTight. The best option depends upon what your desired results are and what your doctor feels would better suite you. Pricing varies according to each person’s treatment area. Please schedule a full in-person consultation with a qualified physician. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Submental Fat

Thank you for your question and for posting a picture. You seem to be a good candidate for Kybella. This series of injections will eat away at the fat cells beneath your chin. You may also consider the cool mini if you don't wish to undergo injections. Liposuction may be an option for you as well if you want a one-time procedure. Ultherapy is usually used for skin tightening, not fat reduction. Regardless, you'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations and to help choose the best option for you. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Fat Under the Chin and Kybella and Skin Tightening with Thermage

From your photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for Kybella.  The cool-mini works well but usually when you have a larger area of fat under the chin.  Thermage is an excellent way to tighten the skin around the neck and jowls.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic advice.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella is an option

The best way to know what option would be best for you is to have a consultation with a physician who is experienced with liposuction, energy-based treatments, Kybella and nonsurgical options for skin tightening. It's necessary to feel the area and not just to look at a picture. All the options can then be discussed in detail.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

What's my best most cost effective option for treating fat pad under chin?

You are an excellent Kybella candidate.  You may reach your neck contour goal in as little as two treatments.  One advantage of Kybella over cool scultping is that the treatment is faster and the end result is seen more quickly.  It's best to be seen in person to determine if you are truly a candidate.  Be sure your physician is an experienced "core" injector (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist) because we all have a keen understanding of facial anatomy and the effects of injecting Kybella in the proper place.  Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon