Do I have a higher risk of TT or MMO complications? Adopted with no medical history

I've had three c sections - with all I swelled up with about 10 lbs of fluid - not sure why. Have had a colonoscopy and had a stent put in my ureter (and removed) for my first pregnancy because baby blocked kidney from draining. I am adopted with no medical history. I have more veins in my legs post pregnancy. I cannot sit Indian style for long because my legs fall asleep and hurt. Wondering if any of this means I'm at a higher risk of PE or other complications as I'm contemplating at TT or MMO?

Is my risk for blood clot higher than normal?

Each of the situations that you describe about yourself are fairly common amongst women in general and do not indicate that you will have a higher risk of developing a deep vein thrombus or a pulmonary embolus during a tummy tuck surgery. You can minimize your risks by using sleeves on your calves that squeeze them intermittently during the surgery and by walking short distances frequently after surgery is over.
I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon.  Your surgeon should have a detailed pre-op check list for you to follow.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

Complications with Tummy Tuck

The risk of  deep venous thrombosis or Pulmonary embolus is certainly higher in certain patients. Patients with incompetent venous systems are at a higher risk. I would recommend getting a venous doppler study to evaluate your legs. If that is normal, I would recommend you be put on a short term course of blood thinners after surgery to help prevent a DVT

Risk of DVT with Mommy Makeover Surgery.

If you are cleared by your medical doctor I think that the risks of your procedure are related mostly to how long you are under anesthesia.  Tummy tucks are associated with a higher risk of DVT or PE especially when combined with additional hours of surgery for other procedures.Discuss your choices with your internist, surgeon and your family to assist in making your best decision. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

From what you describe, you do not sound like you have much additional risk for DVT, but you should be evaluated by your physician for your varicose veins prior to considering surgery.

Thank you for your excellent question.  Based on your narrative only, your increased leg veins may indicate varicose veins.  Varicose veins develop as a result of incompetence of the valves found within them, allowing venous blood to pool and not circulate appropriately.  This slightly increases your risk of DVT formation.  It would not require any additional treatment to minimize the risk than those precautions normally taken before surgery for all patients.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine your full medical history to be able to best assess your risks for a MMO.  Hope this helps.