Am I healing? (Photo)

My incision opened up about 2 weeks ago. Initially the wound was all yellow but everyday I see more and more red/pink. Is this a good sign of healing? I'm clinging to any hope at this point.

Am I healing

Thank you for your question. Seeing red tissue(granulation tissue) is a good sign for healing. Please follow instructions from your PS

Am I healing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Am I healing?

Seeing more pink is a good sign that the tissue is healthy. You should follow up with your surgeon for wound care instructions 

Regards, 

Am I healing?

Regards, 

Am I healing?

The red color which we call granulation tissue is the base in which the new outer layer of skin will creep over to heal. In fact, you can see a surrounding edge of pink skin which represents the new skin that is healed in this fashion. I would recommend you follow-up with your plastic surgeon to help you with providing a wound surface that can heal in the most expeditious fashion. Good luck.

Am I healing?

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
I recommend you to stay in close communication with your plastic surgeon. Its seems like its healing well. Also talk with your surgeon about wound care. 
Hope you get well soon,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Hope you get well soon,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Am I healing?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  The good news is that the red tissue found in the base of your wound does represent healing, as your body repairs itself from the inside-out.  Though it will still take a number of weeks to fully close, each day should show more red tissue and a lessening depth to the wound. Hope this helps. 

Am I healing?

The red is granulation tissue, which is good

The areas that are pink are indeed healing tissue.  This granulation tissue will fill the wound, and cover it in a way which you will find astounding.  The only risk is that from what I can tell you have an implant as well as a lift.  If the implant is exposed or there is drainage that indicates the implant is exposed, the healing will be significantly compromised.  If the implant is not infected, this will heal with the appropriate attentive dressing changes.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Healing Concern

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry to hear about your post-op complication. The pink/red tissue is definitely a good sign of wound healing. Please have close follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and wound care. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery

Wound management after breast augmentation and mastopexy.

The bright red tissue is a sign of healthy healing. However you have a long way to go in this needs to be carefully managed by your own surgeon.

Wound

I am so sorry that you are having difficulty with your procedure. Seeing red healing tissue is a good sign. Please follow up closely with your surgeon. Once everything has healed, your surgeon can revise the scar.

Wound

Breast augmentation - open wound

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and augmentation.

• I am so sorry you have this complication.
  • Yes, a pink wound is usually a sign of a healing wound.
  • Your doctor should be seeing you regularly to be sure the wound is healing properly -
  • By regularly, I mean every week at the start - until the wound is clearly closing.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation - open wound