Do I have gynecomastia? (photos)

I can feel a round mass behind my nipple. It been a lot fatter when I was young and eating unhealthy. Could this combined with puberty cause this? I want to get it fixed ASAP but I want to know if insurance will cover it. Also I want to know how severe does my condition look. This has affect my life since I was young. I have a good body besides this holding me back. Please experts I need your expertise!

Gynecomastia Atlanta GA

You do have gynecomastia.
Insurances do not usually cover it.
You should look for the right surgeon. 

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Consulting with a Board Certified Surgeon May Better Determine

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Gynecomastia

most insurance plans will not cover this, considering it cosmetic. there are two ways to approach the surgery. It can be done with a scar on the front of the chest around the areolar or a tiny mark inside the armpit. in either case your situation should be quite improvable. Find a good local board certified plastic surgeon and hear it in person. Good luck with it.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon