Who would be a great rhinoplasty board certified surgeon in the Atlanta area, that specializes in hump noses/big noses?

Get several opinions from good plastic surgeons when interested in a rhinoplasty.

Get two or three opinion some good surgeons. Expect to see a large number of pre-and postoperative results. I personally like video imaging as a way of educating the patient and giving a reasonable idea of what to expect from the operation.

Looking for a Rhinoplasty Surgeon

The choice of a rhinoplasty surgeon is a very personal one. Every surgeon will have a different aesthetic bend and technique. Doctors that perform alot of Rhinoplasty will offer computer imaging. This educational tool allows the patient to "try on different options". While not a guarentee of results it does allow the surgeon and patient to have a common understanding of the goals of the procedure. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will have multiple before and after pictures for you to look at as well.

With a large nose, I will generally recommend a closed approach, where the incisions are on the inside of the nose. I do not use packing on the inside of the nose, as this helps to decrease swelling and makes the patient alot more comfortable.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgeon

I would recommend searching for a board certified plastic surgeon that does at least 50 rhinoplasty surgeries a year.  You can search the American Board of Plastic Surgeons website to start.  Experience does matter with this surgery.  During your consultation, you should be able to review many pictures of the doctor's work with noses similar to yours.  Good luck.

Dean Fardo, MD

Who would be a great rhinoplasty board certified surgeon?

The realself platform is a great way to look for a rhinoplasty specialist.  Look for a surgeon who has dedicated a significant component of their practice to the discipline of rhinoplasty, performs them often on a weekly basis, and has done so for many years. Rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on their before and after photo gallery,  board certifications, reviews and ratings. 

I would recommend  that you narrow your search to facial plastic surgeons -- those who dedicate all of their time to face only. Then find out if they are a rhinoplasty specialist. If a surgeon is not doing at least 50-100 rhinoplasties a year they are not typically considered a specialist. Lastly, ask what percent revision surgeries they do. The best rhinoplasty doctors are the ones who can fix the most difficult revision noses. Those doctors usually take care of at least 30-50% revisions. These are good ways to find out if a surgeon in your town is truly a rhinoplasty specialist. AAFPRS has a directory of facial plastic surgeons that you can use to find those in your town :)

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can certainly search realself and then look at individual websites to help make your decision.

Rhinoplasty

I would recommend when looking for a surgeon to perform your rhinoplasty that you choose one who is board certified and specializes in rhinoplasty. You may also want to look on the Rhinoplasty Society website as this lists the top surgeons in the world who specialize in noses. I would also look at the surgeon’s credentials, memberships, educational background, reviews and before and afters. Before and afters are a good indicator of their techniques and outcomes from rhinoplasty surgeries and reading reviews from other patients is a good way to see what their experience with the doctor was like. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon