Can I get somewhat of a good result from only lipo instead of tummy tuck? Used to weigh 140+ now I weigh 125. (photo)

I lose weight from everywhere except from my stomach. I wanted to get lipo for 2 reasons. First, maybe lipo can make weight lost easier since I'm having a hard time losing it naturally. Second, I am ONLY 18 and want to wait to get a tummy tuck until after kids or something. I really do not mind having extra skin. I just need a start since my tummy has always been a trouble area for me. Also going to upload pics of a lady who did not get a tummy tuck only lipo and her results were amazing.

Can I get somewhat of a good result from only lipo instead of tummy tuck?

I think that if you are okay with the possibility of having excess skin then liposuction alone is a good option for you. You are very young which oftentimes comes with the benefit of increased skin elasticity and contraction after liposuction. I also agree with waiting until you have children to have a tummy tuck (which you may not need). 
Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals. Good luck!

Liposuction, weight loss and extra skin

Thank you for the photos. Based on the photos, you may benefit from a well performed liposuction by a board certified plastic surgeon. In our experience, our patients are able to take better care of themselves after liposuction. Make sure that you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Stanley Okoro, MD

Liposuction instead of tummy tuck

Based on your pictures, I think you could get a nice improvement with liposuction alone.  I don't think that you can get the result of the lady whose results you posted, but a nice result nonetheless.  I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and review your options.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Liposuction candidate

Thank you for your pictures. Based on your pictures. I think lipo is a good treatment as long as your exam is reasonable. Concerning the pictures of the other patient I'm not quite convinced that this is a legitimate result. If it is. It took multiple attempts at liposuction  probably with additional weight loss to achieve this.

Lipo vs. Tummy Tuck in a Young Woman

You are absolutely right. 

If you are willing to accept a potential slight skin sag but a much shapelier figure I would definitely recommend you consider Liposuction of the front and back of your torso. Your skin may shrink well without leaving you with significant loose skin. 

Your choice of a Plastic surgeon is critical. Start with a member of The American a Society of Plastic Surgeons you can easily consults it's large website and narrow the list to a few near you. Then pick the ones you are most interested in and see if they perform liposculpting or HiDef liposuction which would give you a more athletic looking appearance, if that is your desired appearance. 

Once you you complete your family a Tummy Tuck, may be needed to restore you to a totally flat tummy. 

Good luck,
Peter Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Can I get somewhat of a good result from only lipo instead of tummy tuck? Used to weigh 140+ now I weigh 125.

Liposuction can give you a very good improvement.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Hard to Say Without an Exam

Thanks for your question. The one thing I can not assess from the photos you posted is the condition of your abdominal musculature. Lipo is going to remove only the fat between the skin and underlying muscles and will do nothing to lessen the fat (visceral fat) behind the muscles. You will certainly get some improvement but will not flatten the abdomen as "sucking in the muscle" to pose might do. This requires muscle work done in abdominoplasty, and I agree this would be best delayed until after pregnancy if possible. Good luck with your decision.

Stanley G. Poulos, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction rather than abdominoplasty in pre-partum women

You are not an ideal candidate for liposuction but I think you'd get improvement that would be appreciated. Short of desperation I would postpone an abdominoplasty until child bearing is complete.

Again over the internet response are just guesses. On person exams better. My guess is you need a full TT...

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

I would recommend you wait until after you are done having children before you consider a Tummy Tuck.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam to determine if you are a candidate for Liposuction.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD