What are some good options to stimulate reepithiization after necrosis? I'm so close to being healed but it's stalled (Photo)

Hi! I had necrotic tissue after a tummy tuck where I had a wound vac for 4 weeks. I'm 5 weeks post wound vac and the wound has closed up a LOT but there's a small strip that hasn't reepithialized yet. I still see my PS 3x a week and she's been putting silver nitrate on it & dressing with medihoney. We both expected it to grow the skin over it by now as it's been 5 weeks since my wound vac had come off. Non-smoker and non-diabetic. Any other suggestions or things I can do to help finish this off?

What are some good options to stimulate reepithiization after necrosis? I'm so close to being healed but it's stalled

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your extensive necrosis after your tummy tuck.  Your tissue does appear well-granulated - the red tissue seen in your wound - which indicates good healthy healing. This bodes well for ultimate closure and only requires the reepithelialization to take place.  In most patients a moist healing environment is the best treatment, with the use of a vaseline impregnated gauze to the wound, or the use of a thick ointment such as Aquaphor.  I know waiting is difficult, but reepithelialization takes several weeks to heal, but you can help yourself with eating a diet rich in lean meats, fish, vegetables and fruits.  Hope this helps.

You seem to have made good progress with the wound vac. I find that silvadene cream slows the reepitheliazation process. You might discuss other alternatives with your surgeon.

Silver nitrate

I might try a silver nitrate stick.  Sometimes this works.  Speak to your plastic surgeon and do not do this yourself!

How to help wounds heal faster

Sorry to hear about your wound-healing problems.  The only other thing you could do is take good quality vitamins from a natural health food store (never buy them at a pharmacy or grocery store).  Take a good multivitamin with multiminerals, Vitamin C (Ester-C; 1,000 mg 3x per day with meals), Vitamin D (5,000 iu per day), and Vitamin K.  This will provide the building blocks to get your body to heal faster.