Would I be a good candidate for a 100cc or 200cc implants? (photos)

I'm currently a 36D and stand 5'3 and 160lbs. I'm going to have a breast lift with implants, and I need help with the sizing. I don't want large breast. I have seen thousands of before and after pics and I know I would NOT be happy with just a breast lift alone. My goal is to come as close to a C cup as possible, and also have a nice round shape. I would like to know which size implant would help me achieve that 100cc or 200cc ? Thank you for your help.

Implant Size Options

Your Plastic Surgeon will be able to provide appropriate implant options based on your breast measurements and your desired look. I do not know what your measurements are but most likely 100-200 cc would be nearly invisible size options. You could look at low plus or moderate projection options for a subtle, natural look, however the volumes even conservatively would probably be a bit higher than you are thinking. My patients find it helpful to try on the implants sizers with a  form fitting T-Shirt in the office in order to get an idea of how they will look.

All the best 

Implant Size?

Your best option is to show photos of breasts whose size you like to your surgeon to allow proper selection of implants during surgery. In augmentation/ mastopexy, the decision regarding implant must be made during surgery. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Implants

From your pictures , it appears that you need to have a breast lift with a reduction in size and re-positioning of your nipple and areola.  It does not appear that a 100 to 200 cc implant would be enough to give you the volume or projection that you need.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to advise you as to what the appropriate size and shape of an implant would be.  He will take measurements, listen to your concerns, and base his judgement upon that.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant 100 or 200 cc

Breast implants give fullness to the top of the breast, whereas lifts generally do not, so it is not surprising that may patients prefer the look of an implant and lift combined. To get that fullness at the top of the breast the implant has to be tall enough to accomplish the goal.  You  would be surprised how small a 100 or 200 CC implant really is. It is not likely to be tall enough to give you the upper fullness that most patients look for.

When you see your plastic surgeon look at implant sizers on your frame. Done think about the number, just think about how it fits with your body and your goals.

I have attached a link below that I hope is helpful as you consider sizing.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Would I be a good candidate for a 100cc or 200cc implants?

A 100 mL implant is very small and I have found that there is no role for that size implant in any patient. It is simply not worth the cost of implants to place something this small. The best thing is for you to use a sizing system and also see sample implants.

Implants and lift

You would have to be seen in person to determine the right implant and the right form of lift that you might require. Best of luck.

Implant size

Implant sizing is based on your surgical goals and your chest measurements.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  While there you can anticipate an examination and discussion of implant sizing.  Many surgeons have sample implants on hand which you can 'try on" to get a feel for how you may look after surgery.

Camille Cash, MD

Breast augmentation with lift

Thank you for your question and provided photos.  There are a number of factors involved in the decision making process for a breast augmentation with lift.  During consultation, I discuss with the patient their goals and desires regarding their breast shape and volume.  Clinical examination has significant impact on formulating an accurate surgical plan.  You currently state that you are a "D" cup and would like to be a "C" cup.  As odd as that sounds, you make sense.  Your photos show you to have breast ptosis.  This can obscure a patient's cup size do to the excess skin/loose tissue present.  A mastopexy (lift) alone will improve the overall breast shape and position of the nipple areola complex.  However, it will decrease your overall cup size do to the tightening process of the lift.  You again make sense in the understanding of the benefit of a small volume implant.  This will provide stability and fullness to the overall breast shape.  The size implants you mention can make a difference in the right patient.  You need to have a detailed conversation with your surgeon regarding both the augmentation and the lift.  In the process, review photos with your surgeon to express your goals and understand what his/her plan would be.  Be sure to discuss implant size/shape/projection/type, as well as the type of incision planned for the lift.  I encourage you to ensure this discussion and surgery is to be done by board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

At 5'3" and 160 lbs, I would suggest looking at a larger implant. The implant should fit your breast width, and 200 cc's is most likely way too narrow. Good luck!