How can I fix this crater from gynecomastia surgery 2 years ago? (Photo)

I had gynecomastia surgery a few years back and my left nipple is sinking in. I thought eventually it would go away but it hasn't and now I want it fixed. Should I go back to the same doctor who performed my surgery? He said he can fix it but I'm a bit nervous now as of the result... I Was Wondering what the best procedure would be.

Doctor Answers 2

Addressing Indentations 2 Years After Male Breast Reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It may be best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. They may possibly be able to address the #indentations with fat #grafting or #cosmetic #fillers or a revision procedure if you are deemed a good fit. 

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi Kevin27,

Thanks for the post and the photos. Based on the photos it seems like there are several issues. There is some cratering involving the lower half of the nipple and areola on one side. However, it also appears that you still have excess tissue on both sides. A revision surgery would be necessary to address both of these issues. If you are nervous to go back to the original surgeon I recommend that you seek a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia and revision gynecomastia surgery.


Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.