How to fix asymmetric eyelids caused by scar? (Photos)

For the longest time I've had asymmetrical eyelids. I can correct it a little if I open my eyes really wide forcing the lid to fold in a similar place as my other eye. I tend to do this before a pic is taken but it doesn't always work. It finally dawned on me that this is likely due to a scar on my left eyelid left from a cut I received when I was a kid. Is there any solution for this?

Asymmetric Asian Eyelids

Asymmetric upper eyelids can be caused from genetics, surgery or in your case trauma. A simple office fix would be to inject a small amount of Juvederm into the left upper eyelid to ad some volume. A longer term solution would involve performing an upper eyelid blepharoplasty and possible fat transfer to help restore volume. It will be important to have the eyes examined for any other issues related to the trauma.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis and scar

You have left upper eyelid ptosis which is indirectly related to the scar. Scar surgery will not actually address the problem. You need left upper eyelid ptosis repair. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetric eyelid crease

From your photos, it looks like the left upper eyelid crease is much higher, accounting for the difference. See a local oculoplastic surgeon for a consultation. It is likely something that can be corrected with a simple surgery to even out the lid creases.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bleph

A blepharoplasty procedure to lower the supratarsal crease on the the scarred side would help obtain symmetry.  A small skin excision on the opposite side would help with symmetry. 

Upper eyelid asymmetry in a youngster patient

You have significant asymmetry of the upper eyelids crease.  It could very well be the result of prior trauma.  You also have a rudimentary secondary crease in the other eyelids.  A relatively simple bilateral eyelid surgery can achieve a significant improvement in symmetry.  Seek out an experienced plastic surgery for an in person evaluation.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon