Final result? (Photo)

I had a standard TT 7 weeks ago and have skin folds between by belly button and incision as well as a hard lump above my belly button. Will folds flatten and lump go? Is there anything I can do to improve this or is this close to my final result? First two photos are before in colourful underwear with black after.

Final result after tummy tuck

I expect your results will continue to improve since you are still early in the healing process.  I recommend for my patients to perform frequent massage as scar maturation occurs.  This may take up to one year following surgery.  There will still be swelling present at 7 weeks post-op as well.  The hard lump may be a small area of fat necrosis (which should soften and improve with time and scar massage) vs. localized swelling.

Stephanie Power MD, MSc, FRCSC

Tummy Tuck Recovery

Definitely give yourself some additional time. Even At 3-4 months your body will
continue to improve with regards to swelling and contour. Also be sure to continue to follow up with your surgeon as occasionally you can have some firm areas called fat necrosis, or contour irregularities from added lipo. Both are rare but happen. Continue massage and talk with your surgeon. Most of the smaller lumps and bumps will soften. 

Bahair Ghazi, MD

Final result?

Thanks for your question.  If surgery was only 7 weeks ago there could be an improvement in your appearance for several months.  I would recommend ongoing assessments by your PS to evaluate your healing progress.

Final result?

At 7 weeks postop, you are still very early in the healing process.  If you are still wearing a compression garment, that could be contributing to the fold between your belly button and the incision.  Even if you are not, the fold will likely flatten over the next year or so as should the hard lump go away.  Continue regular follow-up with your surgeon so you get your concerns addressed appropriately.  Best of luck with your continued recovery!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Final reuslt 7 weeks post

Since you are only 7 weeks I would recommend heat and massage to improve the area below your belly button.Sometimes wounds take a good year or more to mature.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Folds

I would wait at least 3 months before worrying about folds.  You are still very early in the healing process.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD