Under eye filler. Any suggestions?

I am 54 years old noticing under eye hollow, I have an appointment in two weeks for a consultation. I heard juvederm is not a good filler for under eye area but that is what I want in case I have to dissolve. What is the best filler for under eye area.

Tear troughs

There are multiple other fillers that can be dissolved if your tear troughs are not to your satisfaction. One that I would recommend is Beloterro. It is key that you find an expert injector for best results. 

Under eye filler

Thanks for your question.  I find Juvederm is an excellent filler for the under eye area.  For more severe defects Voluma can be used.  It is a thicker version of Juvederm but can also be easily reversed if necessary.  It also lasts longer than regular Juvederm.  Restylane is also good and is similar to Juvederm.  Hope this helps in your decision.

Dr. ODell

Restylane for under eyes

My favorite filler under the eyes is Restylane.  I typically inject with a cannula instead of a sharp needle.  Most patients have minimal or no bruising and beautiful, smooth results.  This is one of my favorite areas to inject with fillers.  In my hands using a cannula is much preferable to using a needle.

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Under Eye Filler

Dear pbarner:

Teosyal Redensity II is a dermal filler that works with great effect to soften under eye lines, particularly the tear trough.  Best wishes.

Best tear trough filler

The two fillers I prefer in the tear trough region are Belotero and Restylane.  They are also hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and can also be dissolved in the event there is a problem. It is important to goto an experienced injection as this is a very delicate area.  I also inject this area with canulas which minimizes the swelling as well as bruising. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Under Eye Filler

There are several fillers that can be used for under the eye, but in our practice we prefer Restylane (can be dissolved if needed, just like Juvederm).

Dr. Michael Epstein

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Under eye filler

Hi there, we do hundreds of under eye filler procedures per year. The filler I usually use is Voluma, it's great because it lasts up to 2 years and gives you an instantly rejuvenated appearance. This is the best filler for the under eye area.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Injectable Fillers under the eye area

Hello, thank you for your question.  Get evaluated by an experienced aesthetic  physician who can  discuss the pathophysiology of under eye hollow and the plan of action accordingly. Under eye fillers should be considered after correcting the mid face volume. Restylane is a reversible and excellent HA filler for under eye area.Best Wishes. Dr. Shanthala

Tear troughs

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. In this area I prefer Restylane, but there are other fillers that work well in this location. This is one of my favorite procedures to perform, as patients instantly look more rested and younger. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon