Does it droop too much? (Photos)

I'm only recently sexually active, my boyfriend said my vagina 'droops' too much and won't touch it. I've always thought it looks normal until now. Is it?

Another idiotic boyfriend comment about vagina

If your boyfriend complains about your vagina, deny it to him, get rid of him and move on with your life. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your vagina and everything wrong with your soon to be ex. A relationship based on shallow attraction is doomed to fail.

Most young men know little about female anatomy

He probably hasn't seen many. Yours looks entriely normal.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Does it droop too much?

Dear Bt1111,

Thank you for your question and sharing your photos.  First of all, I am sorry your soon-to-be ex-partner was rude and insensitive to you.  Please don't let anyone make you feel bad about your body.  Your anatomy is perfectly normal, and if you have no concerns about it then it is no one else's place to be judgmental.  Tell your boyfriend to get lost as his penis is too small for you.  You deserve a partner who likes/loves you for who you are.

If there ever comes a time where you are not happy with how your body is working for you, then it should be for you alone that you do something about it.

I hope this information is helpful and keep on looking for your Mr. Right.

Troy Robbin Hailparn, MD, FACOG
Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

Definitely Dump His A$$

Clearly he is a looser who can't figure out how to treat women and be gracious towards them. Dump his a$$ asap.

You have a normal appearing vagina with an above average size of the inner labia. If this bothers you then you can consider a labiaplasty procedure, which can be done under local or IV sedation by a qualified plastic surgeon or GYN. Just make sure they're qualified:
lots of before and after photos; reviews; videos; and a specialization in labiaplasty. Don't be afraid to travel to have this done if you can't find the right doctor locally.

Does it droop too much?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Whenever I have a patient request opinion on cosmetic surgery I strive to determine one's motivations.  The best patients are ones that are self motivated because of something that is realistically an issue.  The patients that tend to be less successful are the ones that are motivated by a significant other to have something done to please them.  I have see it all, "can you remove this tattoo my boyfriend begged me to get, can you undo this breast augmentation that is too large, can you fix this piercing..."  I admit that in many cases the patient can have more surgery or revise surgery, but my job is to care for the patient and not the significant other that may have insecurities with features of my patient.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

You are normal

Agree with other posts. You are normal! Your boyfriend has the problem. I think you know how to solve this problem! Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Your labia are normal!!

Please don't listen to any answers other than those of Dr Pelosi and others that say you are 100% Normal and do not let this ignorant young boy/ man affect your self confidence or future sexual life!! Labia come in all ahapes and sizes and yours fall into the realm of being entirely normal. There was a recent article published in a high level scientific journal that showed over 90% of men do not care at all what women's labia look like!! So clearly, this hopefully ex-boyfriend has a lot to learn and a lot of growing up to do!!

Dr Robert D Moore
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery
Atlanta - Beverly Hills - Dubai 

Robert D. Moore, DO
Atlanta Urogynecologist

Drooping labia

Dear Ms BT1111:

The decision to have a labiaplasty is definitely personal and only you can be the one who makes that decision.   There are so many psychological aspects to a situation like yours and it is in a way right to tell you to forget this guy or in some case girl and move on.  Then again there is reality and in your situation reality might be -  I love this guy and I don't want to be without him.  So I believe your options are: 1) get rid of him 2) have him  ( NOT YOU) seek psychological counseling 3) (this is a last resort) consider a labiaplasty.  

As a surgeon who has performed more than 3500 cosmetic vaginal surgical procedures I have come across your situation before but given the fact this is a new sexual relationship and I don't know your underlying details of your relationship, I think you need to be very careful in choosing to do a labiaplasty.  If you ever choose to have a labiaplasty I suggest you choose a surgeon who has experience and who gets successful results ( this does not mean ONLY a board certified plastic surgeon) but a surgeon who is truly an expert in the field. The surgeon might be a board certified gynecologist, urogynecologist but they need to be experienced.  You usually get one shot at getting a great result. Choose wisely!!!!!. Someone who can show you pre and post surgical results and someone who cares about your postoperative wishes.

John R Miklos MD
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon & Urogyecologist
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Does my labia droop too much?

First, you are normal. There is a slight amount of excess labial tissue. This can be removed with labiaplasty if it bothers you. However first get rid of your boyfriend-he is terribly insensitive and does not know what he is talking about.

It is YOUR choice

Every women has a unique looking genital area, and if yours isn’t causing you discomfort or pain, then you are totally normal. It is unfortunate that your boyfriend said that he won’t touch it. This is your body and if your boyfriend doesn’t like it, then you deserve someone who does. No man should be critical of their partner's body. Any change you contemplate would be for you and not someone else.