All I want is a donut/benelli/periareolar lift. I do not want implants! Will this work for me? (photos)

I do not care about super perky breasts. All I want is an improvement with minimal scarring and no general anesthesia. I am completely aware the lollipop would give me more "lift" but honestly if I cannot receive the donut lift I'd rather just leave them alone.

Breast lift

Thank you for your question. You are correct a periareolar lift will not get you as perky as a lift using the lollipop incision. Based on your photographs and expectations, you would be an candidate for a periareolar lift. The first step would be to go for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Periareolar breast lift

A periareolar lift done by an experienced surgeon will give you good results, I routinely do breast lifts under IV sedation, not general anesthesia. You already know that Lollipop may give you an overall better lift but if you are against the extra scarring, then it's absolutely worthwhile to undergo the periareolar lift only. Good luck !

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift without Implants

In my office, I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring. There is definitely no need for implants if you do not desire to have the size of your breasts enlarged or filled out with your procedure. Simply discuss this point with your surgeon in consultation, and there will be no need for anything you do not want to be done in surgery. Best of luck to you and hope it all works out as you wish.

Problems with the circumareolar lift

The benefit you would get with a circumareolar lift would immediately be tempered by its tendency to poor scarring and widening of the areola.  Even with the scarring, the improvement in contour makes the lollipop worth it. 

Ethan Philpott, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

All I want is a donut/benelli/periareolar lift. I do not want implants! Will this work for me?

From your photos- it appears that you are NOT a candidate for a "donut" lift- in my opinion. You would benefit from a mastopexy. If you are not comfortable or do not want the scars- perhaps you should not do the surgery

Donut scar breast lift

I think you will be disappointed with a donut mastopexy.  Your breasts will still sag and will appear flatter and wider.  You don't have to have an implant, but you do need a vertical breast lift to get a good breast shape (lollipop scar).

Dr. Kavali

Carmen Kavali, MD

Then don't do anything

You will get minimal change with just a periareolar lift.  In my opinion, you may actually look a bit worse.  It tends to flatten the breast.  It works well with an implant because the implant counteracts the flattening!  There is no breast surgery that "requires" a general anesthetic -- there are just surgeons who don't feel comfortable doing surgery without it.  

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift

Hello and thank you for your question. I am sure that there are surgeon's who feel that a benelli is fine and whom may obtain reasonable results.  In my hands certainly not. A lollipop is the way to go so if you consulted with me I would suggest not doing anything.  I think in the long term you most likely would not be happy with the results. 
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Will a Benelli work?

In my opinion, with the condition of your preoperative breasts, a doughnut mastopexy will create a very flattened breast and only elevate the nipple a centimeter or two. Without vertical tension to redistribute your breast mass up behind your nipple, the circular scar ,while more palatable,will leave your breasts looking worse. A vertical lift in my opinion is necessary and a small implant at the same time would actually be  the best answer.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Donut lift

The goal of a breast lift is twofold:  to elevate the nipple/areola and to tighten the skin under the breast.  The donut lift is very limited in its usefulness as it only accomplishes the first goal.  Also, the maximum elevation of the nipple/areola is only a centimeter or two at most without creating pleats around the areola that will not resolve over time.  I would suggest that you visit a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and review your options with you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD