Does this look like it is going to heal into a dog ear? (Photos)

does this look like it is going to heal into a dog ear? I got my surgery done on July 22. I know it's in the healing process but this doesn't look normal.

Dr Derby

Thank you for the question an the photos. i think it is best to evaluate directly with your surgeon so that he can tell you if all this is normal. Best of luck

Mini Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You should expect to have swelling for three to six months following mini tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Dog ear

You are very early in your healing process and need to give yourself timer for the swelling to subside and the tissues settle. I would suggest discussing any concerns you have with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck results takes time

Hang in there.  It takes about six months for the skin to fully redrape to the new contour.  Also, the postop swelling will conceal the results. Most surgeons closely monitor their patient's healing and scar appearance to achieve the best result possible. Good luck and best wishes. 

Dog ears after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photographs.You are still very early from your surgery. With tummy tucks, the scar position, wrinkling, and bunching change immensely. A good time frame is 3-6 months to wait to see how everything heals. There is some pleating and bunching in your photographs, but lots of this will go away once swelling and hip flexion decreases. Continue close follow-up with your surgeon. Worst case scenario is a quick in-office procedure to remove any dog ears. Best of luck to you...