Are there any doctors in atlanta who do the mommy makeover with fat grafting to breasts? What to expect?

I am almost done breastfeeding my last child and would like to get a tummy tuck (hernia and diastasis repair) as well as a fat grafting from thighs to breasts. Are there any doctors in Atlanta with a lot of experience with this? To my understanding fat grafting to breasts is relatively new. Can both procedures be done together? How long is the surgery likely to last, what is the downtime required? Post-Operative precautions? I'm trying to figure out how much help I will need with my kids after.

You may have fat grafting to the breasts and tummy tuck at the same time.  You may need 1 to 2 weeks before returning to a sedentary job.

Seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to Better Determine

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radio frequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations.  
The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations. 

Mommy make-over with breast fat grafts

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• There are several plastic surgeons who do these procedures in Atlanta.
  • I am one of them and would be happy to see you or give you more information (404.941-3200)
  • The down time after a tummy tuck depends on how old your children are -
  • And how much pain you have. I use Exparel at surgery - it greatly reduces pain and speeds your recovery.
  • You need at least 2 weeks full time help for your children and another week or two of part-time help.
  • You won't be able to lift anything more than 15 pounds for 4 - 6 weeks.
  • Breast fat grafting has been around for a long time - but it is important to understand that although our techniques are better these days, results are unpredictable. You will need at least two sessions of fat grafting.
  • You will get between a half cup and a cup size increase - 
  • Yes - your tummy tuck can be done with liposuction and fat grafting at the same time.
  • Your recovery - first week very tired and some pain; second week, tired but less pain and more active.
  • After 2 weeks, you can manage light child care for about half the day..
  • These operations are truly life- changing and give us back our bodies after having babies.
  • Surgery will take about 3-4 hours. You can go home the same day if you wish. 
  • After surgery, mainly you need to be up and around frequently but not looking after others!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Are there any doctors in atlanta who do the mommy makeover with fat grafting to breasts?

There are plenty of excellent board certified plastic surgeons in the Atlanta area. Dr. James Namnoum does excellent breast and body contouring with fat grafting as needed. Good luck.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover question

Hello and thank you for the question. Yes, you can opt for both a tummy tuck with muscle repair, lipo and breast fat transfer. The safety of the procedure depends on the skills of the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and your underlying health condition. 

This surgery typically will take about 4 hours to complete. You will need 2 weeks to recover. Longer if your job is strenuous. 

The results with breast fat transfer is very natural. It will NOT be as large or dramatic as a breast implant can be, so if you are looking for a large size enhancement, you may still want to consider breast implants. However, if you are wanting a more conservative result with the most natural feel, the fat transfer remains a good choice. 

Remember that some of the fat that is transferred does not survive. Typically about 50-60% of the fat lasts long term.

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health care concerns you have are managed by your primary care doctor.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover In Atlanta

There are many fantastic plastic surgeons in Atlanta. Simply call their office and ask about their services or google search or RealSelf their before and after photos. You may want to factor in that most meticulous and thoughtful plastic surgeons who have your longterm interests as a priority will want you to be at MINIMUM six months from breastfeeding to lower the risk of infection of a breast implant or fat injected into the breasts. Some may even want you to wait till one year out for your breasts to get back to their baseline and to ascertain that no more milk can be expressed form the breasts. You don't want to go through a mommy makeover only to end up with an infection because an adequate amount of time did not pass before your surgery took place. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Mommy Makeover - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your mommy makeover. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see who you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. It is common to combine the procedures you wish to have performed in one operation. Hope this helps.

Mommy Makeover

Bellaanna.      Mommy Makeover surgery usually requires at least a 2 week recovery, during which time you will need help to care for yourself and your baby. Fat transfer to the breasts for augmentation has several limitations, including limits on amount of augmentation possible secondary to amount of fat available and fat take, asymmetry secondary to irregular fat take and possible later issues from fat necrosis. Silicone breast implants offer a better alternative because of reliability of size and track record. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Are there any doctors in Atlanta who do MM with fat grafting?

Thank you for sharing your question and researching of mommy makeover procedures.  The use of implants and fat grafting to the breasts are the two most common methods of augmenting a woman's breast size with more patients electing to have fat grafting supplement an augmentation to help with upper breast fullness or to hide prominent ribs.  In answer to your questions, a tummy tuck and fat grafting procedure can be done together  with timing dependent on the amount of liposuction required to achieve your desired breast size.   I would anticipate anywhere from 4-6 hours.  You would need at least two weeks of uncomplicated recovery so as to maximize your healing response.  Hope this helps.