Will a doctor in GA handle restitching a breast aug done in different country? (Photos)

I had my breast done in a different country. I popped a stitch before I returned, the doctor told me if I stay still I should heal properly. Well I guess I wasn't as careful as I thought and now I believe it is slowly unraveling and opening up wider. I am 20 days post op. I need a clinic or doctor in Georgia that will tell me if I am fine or restitch me!

Doctor Answers 4

Breast augmentation

You should contact a board certified plastic surgeon. Call their office and ask if they will evaluate and treat a problem such as yours. Most of us are more than happy to help.Good luck.

Roswell Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Will a doctor in GA handle restitching a breast aug done in different country?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your wound healing issues. Unfortunately due to the separation you will need to allow your breast skin/tissue to heal on its own from the "inside-out."  Whether from a broken stitch or too much tension on your closure any suturing to try and close the skin could result in an infection and most likely fail, causing another separation.  By maintaining the area with ointment and clean gauze you should see steady improvement until being completely healed in  4-6 weeks, but the area may get a bit bigger before it gets better.  Hope this helps. 

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

Down side of travel

Many physicians are hesitant to take care of the complications of another surgeon.  It is a little unfair to the second plastic surgeon and to you.  You already paid the first surgeon for the surgery and the postoperative care.  Now you will have to pay the second surgeon for the care you already deserve. So the answer is that you may have a hard time finding a surgeon willing to take on the postoperative care of another physician.To address your particular issue, I would be unlikely to "restitch" that area of breakdown.  I would treat the area with appropriate dressings and allow it to heal.  Scar revision could be considered later but often the scar does well despite its appearance today.  Good luck.  Call plastic surgeons in your area, explain your predicament and request their assistance.

James D. Frost, MD
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 10 reviews


Hello, sorry for your ongoing issues. I would imagine that you should be able to find a doctor to take care of you in the local area. I would start by calling a board certified plastic surgeon that you find in the area and discussing your current problem. Good Luck.Dr P

Paul W. Papillion, MD
Nashville Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.