Can discomfort be caused by my implant pushing on my chest muscle near my armpit because the pocket is not big enough?

Had my BA/BL in July of 2015, my left side gave me discomfort from the start. My PS said it was probably just my chest muscle going into spasm. My right side (dominant arm) never gave me problems. Valium helped with the discomfort, but it never really went away completely. It feels as if the chest muscle running underneath my arm pit has something underneath it or it is pulled too tight. The implant on my left feels more tight in the pocket as compared to the right. Is the pocket too small

Breast implant and lift - still uncomfortable after more than a year

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and breast implant result.

• This is not what things should feel like at this point -
  • But you need to be examined to see what is causing the discomfort.
  • Your description suggests that the pocket is too small - so see your plastic surgeon or, if you feel you need a second opinion, see another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as well.
  • It will help to bring a copy of your before and after photos and your operative note to a second opinion.
  • Since you are in Atlanta, if you decide to get a second opinion, I would be happy to see you. I do a lot of breast implant assessment and, when necessary, revision.
  • However - if you need a revision, it will cost you less if your original surgeon does it.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS