Can discomfort be caused by my implant pushing on my chest muscle near my armpit because the pocket is not big enough?
Doctor Answers 1
Breast implant and lift - still uncomfortable after more than a year
Thank you for asking about your breast lift and breast implant result.
- This is not what things should feel like at this point -
- But you need to be examined to see what is causing the discomfort.
- Your description suggests that the pocket is too small - so see your plastic surgeon or, if you feel you need a second opinion, see another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as well.
- It will help to bring a copy of your before and after photos and your operative note to a second opinion.
- Since you are in Atlanta, if you decide to get a second opinion, I would be happy to see you. I do a lot of breast implant assessment and, when necessary, revision.
- However - if you need a revision, it will cost you less if your original surgeon does it.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.