Derma pen for laxity and wrinkles depth?

I paid $300 for Dermapen micro needling with some sort of serum. I went in expecting numbing cream and took a few days off to not look red. She said no numbing cream because it gets in the way of the serum. And she said she only does between. .05 and 1mm depth. I went to a professional so I could get a deeper treatment safely. I am feeling like I just burned $300 because that depth will do nothing. Hoping I am wrong?

Micro-needling and needle length

Needle depths of 0.5 and 1.0 mm can be as effective as deeper needle depths when used with serums that are specifically formulated for use during the micro-needling treatment. In my office, we use the ProCell Therapies system which combines motorized micro-needling with concentrated human growth factor serums made from human bone marrow-derived stem cells. We also apply numbing cream for at least 30 minutes before every treatment, at which time it is carefully removed.
To get the best results from micro-needling, I recommend an initial series of four monthly treatments. We also have our patients apply a growth factor serum at home to not only maintain the results but to give continued improvement as well.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon