What corrections would you recommend for post septorhinoplasty contour irregularities? (photo)

Male patient, septoplasty, turbinate reduction, and rhinoplasty performed 10 weeks ago to reduce large dorsal hump. Osteotomies performed. No grafts of any kind. The new profile is outstanding. From front what concerns me still is the transition from the bone to lateral cartilage. It is not straight or smooth from the 3/4 frontal view. I can't decide if it's more of a protruding bone problem, an indented cartilage problem or both. Surgeon is great. I'd like to hear various opinions also. Thanks

Post rhinoplasty

It is too early to exactly say what the problem is.
However you said that no "No grafts of any kind" were used. You also said a large dorsal hump was removed. This situation usually requires spreader grafts to control the position of the internal valve. The valve is usually destroyed during a large hump removal.  It may be that we are now seeing a narrowing of the dorsal cartilaginous vault, due to internal valve collapse. This narrowing is visible as the step off, on 3/4 view.
Anyway, wait a full year before any diagnosis and definitive treatment is considered

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Early Rhinoplasty result

Sounds like you have a great relationship with your doctor. It is not unusual to see some irregularities at this point in your recovery. Remember it is a 12 month process. Sometimes fillers can be placed in the nose. I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with them and possibly consider fillers to help improve the appearance until the healing is complete.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bony-cartilagenous irregularities after hump reduction rhinoplasty

Irregularities at the transition point on the dorsum between where the bone ends and the cartilage begins are common. This is because the skin is thin here, so any small irregularity shows. You cannot decide if the protrusions are bone or cartilage because they may be either, or both! Fortunately, in your case they are very minimal. 10 weeks after surgery is early to consider treatment, but if they continue to bother you in a few months then your surgeon might suggest a small rasping procedure to minimize them further. Congratulations. Your nose looks much better than what you started with, so enjoy it!

Minas Constantinides, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon