Consultation scheduled - Hoping to get insurance coverage (United Health Care) for a second BR. (Photo)

60 years old, 5'5" and 170 lb. Had my 1st BR when I was 25 or 26 years old and would like to do again. Don't have 1st operative notes but I have vertical scars going straight down from nipple to breast curve (no anchor). I'm a 40-42 D or DD. Hoping to go to B cup & would love est. of recovery time and to know if I might need FNG. My goal is to make this my LAST BR and to get as small as I can possibly go. Thanks for any suggestions, advice! I'd really like to get insurance to cover!

Insurance Coverage For Breast Reduction

Depending on your insurance carrier, these are the most important things that they will consider. 
  1. Height and weight
  2. Pre-0p Breast Size
  3. Amount of anticipated tissue to be removed from each breast
Well documented letter from your surgeon with: 
  1. symptoms
  2. photographs
  3. Conservative Treatments
Possible Mammogram if over the age of 40
Good Luck

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Covered by Insurance?

Getting coverage will depend on your current insurance policy, most require that a minimum of 500 grams of breast tissue need to be removed and that usually equates to a DD cup size. The best way to find out if you can get approval is to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and have your surgeon see if he/she can get authorization for you. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD