Please help to choose an implant size for my BA in 2 weeks. Can't decide 265cc vs. 325cc? (photos)

Dear doctors, My BA surgery is in 2 weeks. I am 35 yo and 5.6. I nursed all 3 of my kids. I used to be a nice full B cup. Now I am a very deflated B. There is some assimetry as well. I am 29" all the way around and 12" chest wall. I go back and forth between 265 moderate profile and 325 high profile. Which one would look better on me? Will 325" hp implants be too big? I don't want to look like I have 2 watermelons on my chest. I am also concerned about the weight of the implants..

Choosing implant size for breast augmentation

Hi and thanks for the question.  In my practice, we typically discuss the desired outcome the patient is seeking. This, then, allows me to select an window of implant sizes that is best suited for the particular patient. Definitively, the decision is made " on table ", meaning in the OR. I would suggest reviewing your desires with your surgeon before the surgery date so that your expectations have the highest likelihood of being met.

Dr. Vallecillos 

Implant Size Choice

Likely either implant will fit you properly based on your surgeon's measurements. My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers in the office in order to get an idea of how they will look. You could ask your surgeon if this is an option or ask them to instruct you in making rice sizers at home. Typically, implants appear a bit smaller after you've healed.

All the best

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Implant selection

If you and your surgeon have narrowed down the choice to two implants, then you might want to do a baggy test to see which one you prefer.

Lift?

The goal of an augmentation is to create an aesthetic breast with the size, shape, and projection that is desired by the patient. During a consultation, measurements of the breasts are used as a starting point to recommend a breast implant. The decision on size, shape, and position of these implants is based on your anatomy, the type and size of the implant, and your preferences. The type of lift is determined by your current nipple position and the quality of your tisssue.

Based on your photos, a 265ml or 325ml implant would likely both be proportionate for your frame. The profile type is more to do with the ratio of volume to breast width then anything else. That being said, patients like yourself, with both a lack of volume and sagging breasts most often do best with a combination of a breast lift and augmentation (mastopexy augmentation) to address both issues and to correct asymmetry.

Without a lift, you may need the larger implant will fill out your skin envelop - 325ml may not even be enough.

See the link below for more info on breast augmentation and breast lifts.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment. In office sizing and digital three-dimensional simulations can help guide your implant choices. A second opinion with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Help choosing an implant size.

Making a recommendation based on photos instead of a face to face examination is risky and possibly inaccurate.  However just looking at your size, number of pregnancies and your photos I would have a variety of mid profile implants available assuming that you would require something in a +/- 320-340 cc range.  I select the final implant during the surgical procedure when I place sizers or test implants to allow me to see the actual result and size/contour before making the selection of the permanent implant.  I prefer taking this responsibility than requiring the patient to make the choice beforehand.  

Good luck and best wishes,  Either way, I'm confident that you'll enjoy the change.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Pick the size with your surgeon

There are good sizing systems out on the market now to assist you with this. A mod profile and a HP profile are very different implants and will give you two very different looks regardless of the volume of the implant. Discuss what look you would want with your surgeon to assist with picking the style, pick a volume based upon how big you want to be and what your chest dimensions allow. Best of luck.

Good sizing systems available to choose breast implant size prior to surgery.

There really is no reason to leave anything to chance. There are very good sizing systems available to allow you to tell your surgeon very specifically what volume implant serves you best.

Please help choose an implant size.

Most of  us would say that the important step is choosing your surgeon and not your breast implants. There are many implant choices available because of how unique each is, both breast shape, and augmentation goals. If you are uncertain and find you are choosing perhaps you need more time to discuss what you wish to look like. Use photos, trial bras, and let you surgeon know what you wish to look like, and leave the number to him if the relationship is right.

Please help to choose an implant size for my BA in 2 weeks. Can't decide 265cc vs. 325cc?

When it comes to choosing the right style and size of implants- it's important to know that only during in person exam, and a thorough sizing process with your Surgeon and staff - is when you can make the best decision. Style of implants, as well as size and placement of implants - are very important factors when deciding on BA. With your asymmetry you may need different size implants. High profile will give you more projection, which in my opinion would look really nice on you. Please, discuss with your Surgeon