Chin and submental lipo results (Photo)

Six months ago I had a medium chin implant and submental lipo which I was told would enhance and provide a more masculine chin and jawline. I was excited. The results in this picture look underwhelming to me. It appears to me that the submental lipo did absolutely nothing. And the chin only shows a minor deviation. I have a six month review coming up. I have mentioned the lipo appeared to do little to the surgeon but he seemed to downplay. Any suggestions? I want a more masculine chinline.

Chin

If you can squeeze fat under your chin- more can be done such as coolsculpting or kybella- I cannot tell the position of your larynx "voice box" from the pictures, which does affect how it will look, but it does appear that you have excess fat remaining.  Liposuction of the neck without a facelift is not the best option with the non-invasive options that do not destroy or loosen the fibers that hold the skin in place.  The chin implant can be augmented with Voluma very well.  

Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Disappointing results with liposuction of the neck.

Liposuction of the chin and neck remains only the fat between the skin in the platysma muscle. It's possible that the platysma muscle requires repair to deepen the ankle. Occasionally there may be surplus fat deep to the platysma muscle that must be directly excised. Sorting this out will require physical examination.

Liposuction of the neck

CB60, An exam is necessary to answer this question but let me address my opinion concerning liposuction of the head and neck area. For the body it makes perfect sense but in the neck (don't get me started on the face!) it is not ideal. Without the surgeon making a larger incision and actually seeing the 3D anatomy of the neck the tendency can be for the surgeon to over "suck" fat and give the patient a hollow and/or atrophic look which over time can become more obvious (since we tend to lose facial fat as we age) or to ignore the anatomy that is causing the fullness of the neck since it is rarely only extra-platysmal fat. I much prefer what I call "open liposculpture" where I can visually assess the 3D anatomy of the neck, remove the offending fat and leave the good fat (yes some fat is actually good) and address the other anatomy that may need repositioning. This approach that I've developed over the past 25 years has yielded much more predictably good results that last over time and look natural. See more than one surgeon and choose physicians that specialize in facial aesthetics. Evaluate their photos, lots of them, ask questions and you’ll most likely end up with good results.

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon