Am I candidate for a non-surgical or "liquid" nose job? (Photos)

I'm not looking to get a completely new nose- at all. I like my nose, even though it's a on the bigger side. I am only trying to soften it up a bit- so it doesn't look so brokenish. Maybe prevent the tip from dropping even more when I'm smile or add something to the very tip to make it a little softer and not so beak-like. Also, I've noticed that it looks a bit straighter from one side than the other...

Liquid Rhinoplasty

Non-surgical nose job or liquid rhinoplasty using a combination of fillers and neuromodulators can be used in certain circumstances depending on your goals and desires.  By the looks of your photos, augmentation of your nasal bridge with filler may achieve the look you desire.  However, this area needs to be approached with extreme caution.  The nose is a highly vascular area and inadvertent injection into a blood vessel has been known to cause serious complications such as skin ulceration and blindness.  This procedure is definitely one to be performed by a Board certified specialist.

San Diego Dermatologist

Am I a candidate for a nonsurgical nose job?

In  our practice, we do not recommend nonsurgical nose jobs because they are not FDA approved for that application, are temporary, and can have significant complications. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be shaved down in order to remove it. To prevent the tip from drooping when smiling requires releasing of the  depressor septi ligament. The bridge line is also narrowed with osteotomies, and a tip rhinoplasty. For more information  and many examples of surgical rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below 

A "Liquid Nose Job" Can Work Well For Straightening Nasal Bumps & Raising Up Drooping Tips

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty, or what you are referring to as a "liquid nose job,"  is a quick and relatively inexpensive treatment that can work well for camouflaging nasal bridge bumps and humps and for raising droopy nasal tips. The before and after photos of a patient of mine in the side bar to this column amply demonstrates how a nonsurgical nose job can both correct a pronounced nasal bridge bump and elevate a drooping tip. The procedure took no more than three minutes to perform and the results were immediate and engendered the expected "Wow!" response on the part of the patient. Injecting the nose is a very advanced injection technique that should not be left to the hands of inexperienced, novice injectors or medspas trained to treat simple smile lines with ordinary Restylane. Make certain you seek consultation and treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician and insist upon seeing his/her before and after photos before agreeing to proceed. Best of luck

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Based on your concerns, you may not be a suitable candidate for nonsurgical rhinoplasty procedures.

Injectable fillers are not helpful for improving the appearance of a droopy nasal tip. Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for achieving tip rotation, and a less distracting nasal appearance. Hope this helps you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Nosejob Needs--Fillers (voluma, restylane, juvederm)

I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist to discuss your desired results. Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) could be used to improve symmetry of the nose. Surgery would be needed for the nostrils/shape. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer